Organic Produce – Full Time Position
Mon-Fri with Rotating Saturdays 5:00am-2:30pm (approx)
Pay: $45,000-$60,000 DOE
The Transportation Supervisor’s main responsibility is to directly supervise all Delivery Drivers and coordinate efficient transportation of goods to customers. The Transportation Supervisor will also be responsible for properly managing the delivery fleet ensuring compliance with all DOT regulations. The Transportation/Warehouse Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager.
*The goal of the Grower’s Organic Driving staff is to ensure orders are packed accurately according to invoices, drive safely, and provide all customers with unparalleled service.
- Supervises all Drivers performing the duties listed below.
- Ensure that Drivers are leaving the warehouse on time, driving safely and driving the accurate route.
- Organize daily delivery routings.
- Overseas the loading and unloading of trucks, and day-to-day operations of the group.
- Delegates tasks to Drivers, and liaises with the Warehouse Supervisor to delegate tasks to drivers returning from their routes.
- Initiate and complete continuous process improvement projects within the department.
- Communicate and implement changes as directed.
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices. Promote Teamwork.
- Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service.
- Confirms that schedules and deadlines are adhered to.
- Train and monitor staff in standard operating procedures and safe work practices.
- Ensure all fleet equipment is kept in good working order.
- Coach and discipline underperforming employees
- Conduct 90 days and annual reviews for each employee.
- Pull, load and secure product on trucks.
- Deliver product to customers, counting items as delivered, and re-deliver as necessary.
- Drivers turn in SIGNED invoices to the office
- Call Office to check for “pick-ups”.
- Call Office Assistant with customer complaints, wrong invoices, or mispulled products.
- Collect checks or cash from customers.
- Drive truck in a safe manner and abide by all traffic laws.
- Must present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintains files, records and routines needed such as log and route books.
- Keep truck clean inside and out.
- Help with light equipment maintenance such as checking air, water, oil, wipers and lights.
- Report maintenance issues to Driver Supervisor or Warehouse Operations Manager.
- Drivers report any damage to trucks and/or vehicles as necessary, and complete an accident report.
Warehouse Worker Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive, unpack, check quality, verify quantities and store products in the appropriate coolers/freezers.
- Pull and pack customer orders on pallets, ensuring the accuracy and quality of the order.
- Sort and rework products to ensure the highest quality products are available.
- Be familiar with produce and quality standards.
- Keep coolers organized and maintain correct product rotation.
- Provide daily an accurate inventory count of each item stored in the coolers.
- Report maintenance and damage issues to coolers and equipment as necessary, and complete an accident report as needed.
- Keep the coolers, docks and areas of work clean including truck bays.
- Work Closely with Warehouse supervisors and team.
- Perform other related work as required.
Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time at the discretion of the Warehouse Operations Manager or Owner.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Management: 3 years (Required)