Under direct supervision of the Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care.
Currently enrolled in an Associate's Degree or BSN program and in good academic standing in an accredited school of nursing program.
Completed at least one clinical rotation
Two instructor references are required with the application.
- Interpersonal skills required to comfort and care for patients and maintain effective contacts with a variety of hospital personnel and staff.
- Analytical skill necessary to assist with maintaining patient records and transcribing physician orders.
- Healthcare Provider (CPR Certification) – not needed for Hospice student positions
- Current registration with the Maryland State Board of Nursing as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail up to 80% of work time in order to acquire and develop nursing skills and safeguard patients from injury.
- Ability to stand and walk almost constantly and ability to occasionally lift and position patients.
- Normal patient care environment. Some exposure to communicable disease.
Conditions of Employment
- At the end of every semester, student must submit an unofficial transcript to the HR Coordinator, documenting that the student remains in good academic standing with RN program.