Universal Worker Job Description
The primary purpose of your job positions is to complete the day to day records, supervision of tenants self-administration of medication, provide meals as indicated on the menu, provide activities and socialization, cleaning of the apartments and facility, to provide the best care possible, and to protect the tenants from any form of harm or injury. These tasks must be done in accordance with the current Federal, State, and local standards, as well as other guidelines and regulations governing this facility. You will also be responsible for other duties as assigned by the Administrator and/or nurse program coordinator.
Delegation of Authority
The Administrator of Elmwood Care Centre is the administrative authority for Premier Estates Assisted Living.
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
1. Follow work assignments and work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
2. Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisor.
3. Notify the Assisted Living Director when you will be late or absent from work at least two hours before your scheduled shift.
4. Report all complaints made by tenants, family, or other staff to Administrator or Program Nurse.
5. Cooperate with all staff personnel to assure that the care given is adequately maintained to meet the needs of the tenants.
6. Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility at all times.
7. Meet with your supervisor on a regular basis to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of services.
8. Read the communication log after clocking in and reporting for duty.
9. Report to the oncoming shift that will be relieving you.
10. Review list of tenants who require supervision of self-medication to assure the tenants self-administer their medications for their Med Planners timely and accurately.
11. Perform special needs for tenants as necessary.
12. Assist tenants in arranging transportation to appointments as necessary.
13. Answer tenant calls for assistance promptly.
14. Check with tenants routinely to assure that their personal needs are being met.
15. Observe tenants for disorientation, illnesses, or any change of condition and report this observation immediately to the Program Nurse, Administrator, or the nurse at the front desk at Elmwood Care Centre.
16. Prove the tenants with reality orientation as instructed.
17. Remind tenants of mealtimes as instructed.
18. Prepare food and liquids for meals and social events as assigned.
19. Clear tables and clean cooking area and dining room area as soon as the tenants have exited the dining room after meals.
20. Attend and participate in scheduled training and educational classes.
Job Type: Part-time
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift