FAMILY RESOURCE PROGRAM LEAD
BANANAS Inc. is searching for an experienced, energetic, and multi-talented leader to join our team as a Family Resource Program/Lead. This position is a member of the Family Services team and leads the resource and referral program and parent education/coaching program. This position upholds the standards and guidelines of the resource and referral program, leading and maintaining its training materials and training and supporting staff. The position also presents training to parents on topics such as choosing child care, and parent cafes, and identifies parent needs for other training around parent skills and improving child and family outcomes. This position leads the parent education and coaching program to implement schedules of parent workshops, facilitating the parent coach process, tracking data collection and deliverables, and processing monthly billing and reports. The successful candidate will need to have a strong background as an educator, be flexible, have great time management skills, and the ability to handle competing priorities.
About BANANAS Inc.
BANANAS is a nonprofit organization that supports families, children, and early care and education providers. Our programs help families connect with all types of child care options from family child care home-based settings, preschool centers, family, friends, neighbor caregivers, and nannies so they can work or continue their education. Providers are supported with technical assistance and professional development. We are experts in the field of early care and education and our wide variety of services support families and child care providers in raising early learners. We offer workshops, playgroups, coaching, and support groups for parents and caregivers. Low-income families are supported with financial assistance so they can access quality child care. BANANAS is a great place to work with colleagues who care about their clients, our youngest learners, and each other.
Key Responsibilities/Major Duties
- Support the Family Services Manager by leading the Resource & Referral Program and the Parent Education/Coaching Program through reporting, data collection and analysis, staff support, and program implementation.
- Deliver parent workshops in a virtual and in-person environment including Parent Cafes, Choosing Child Care Workshops, and other relevant topics that enhance parenting skills or improve child and family outcomes in our community.
- Lead parent education program through planning and outreach, scheduling and catalog preparation, hosting and trainer support, and coordination of data collection and monthly reporting.
- Lead parent coaching program through the planning and staff training, supporting the connection of families to parent coaches and the referral process, tracking outcomes, processing data collection, and reporting requirements.
- Lead resource & referral program, training and coaching staff on child care resource and referral counseling skills, and use of referral and waiting list databases.
- Provide staff support and oversee the quality of team customer service and consumer education.
- Maintain and update training materials and publications about parent education and staff development.
- 5+ years as Coordinator or Lead in new program development and implementation for a human services agency
- Creative thinker and self-starter who is flexible to the changing requirements of program delivery
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- A leader who is comfortable filling in wherever it is needed to ensure trusting and positive relationships with staff and families
- Strong background as an experienced educator/workshop presenter in early childhood and/or parenting, with proven positive and effective impact
- Strong knowledge of child care and the California child care licensing process
- Demonstrated experience of cultural competency and effectively working with parents of diverse backgrounds
- Cultural humility - knowledge of issues of race, class, and ethnicity.
- Expert experience with Excel, databases and data reporting systems
- Expert proficiency in GSuite and all Microsoft Office applications
- Proven ability to run online webinars via Zoom, GoToWeb or other cloud-based systems
- Demonstrated ability to network and partner with other non-profit organizations
- Possess excellent administrative and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to be a team player with a welcoming attitude
- Ability to work on occasional evenings or weekends to lead family services programs as needed
- BA/BSW level degree in child development or parent education; Master’s degree preferred.
- Customer service experience working directly with families or other social service backgrounds
- Expertise in the California Child Care Resource and Referral system
- Experience working with the city, state and federal contractors
- Demonstrated ability to work with other parent educators or parent coach specialists
- Own transportation and proof of insurance.
BANANAS is committed to maintaining a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other personnel action on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, economic status, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, medical condition, and/or mental or physical disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by local, state, and federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Leading a team: 5 years (Required)
- Excel: 5 years (Required)
- Databases: 5 years (Required)
- Coordinator: 5 years (Required)
- Leading workshops: 5 years (Required)
- knowledge of child care licensing process: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19