Don’t just dream about What’s Next – build it!
Nexient specializes in bringing a “Product Mindset” to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as America’s leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we’re building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We’re recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World’s Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times ( https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/30/technology/hot-spot-for-tech-outsourcing-the-united-states.html ).
- Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
- Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Nexient is looking for multiple iOS Mobile Application Lead to join our team at our Ann Arbor, MI location.
Come build with us!
- Collaboratively define and understand both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Perform as both a player and a coach. While not the primary focus, candidates will also work collaboratively with the team to enhance the SWIFT / Objective-C code base.
- Collaborate with the Agile team to define tools, standards and make key decisions that ensure alignment of SW design with both the business needs as well as evolving technology landscape
- Create and manage roadmaps for SW assets to ensure both scalability as well as systems can evolve to meet planned business needs; create and approve relevant lean SW component specifications to guide teams and / or partners.
- Participate and / or lead project estimating activities, design reviews, code reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Create / test prototypes and keep up with new technology in the industry that brings innovation to solve business problems.
- Lead pre-sales activities from an iOS application development perspective
- Mentor, nurture and provide guidance to practice team members
Benefits & Perks:
- 10+ years of hands on full life cycle SW delivery; 5+ years of iOS development.
- Deep understanding of mobile software development methods, technologies, tools and architectures (Objective-C, SWIFT, RESTful web services, etc.)
- Strong understanding and use of REST services, JSON objects, secure coding concepts and memory management in iOS.
- Solid written and verbal communication; strong interest and ability to collaborate with team members and business stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and SQL
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, Java Script is required
- Experience with JS frameworks like Angular, jQuery is a plus
- Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and flexible spending account (FSA) for employees and their families including domestic partners
- Paid Vacation Time and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Lunch & Learn
- Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers
- World class training and career mentorship