Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
$10,000 Sign on Bonus!
Practice the true profession of critical care nursing, and lead the nursing staff as a Charge Nurse. Further develop your leadership skills, get involved with scheduling, staff and patient management responsibilities while remaining hands on as critical care nurse. Select Specialty and Regency Hospitals care for patients who are critically ill and need extended acute hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Charge Nurse (RN) to join our team. We offer an exceptional employee experience, an environment dedicated to safety and quality, ongoing educational and skill building resources and advancement opportunities.
Why work for Select Specialty/Regency Hospital?
- The opportunity to build a career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Develop specialized skills to manage chronically critically ill patients.
- Utilize all of your nursing skills on a daily basis.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients regain their independence.
- Develop relationships with patients and their families.
We are committed to your growth and success- that’s why we offer an excellent orientation, training and development programs, and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Apply now with an organization that wants to invest in you!
The primary purpose of the RN Charge Nurse is to administer and supervise the clinical care being provided. The RN Charge Nurse is responsible for all safety, infection control, and quality of care issues that might arise while on duty, as well as, assisting with performance appraisals, mentoring staff during orientation, and dealing with disciplinary issues.
Specific responsibilities of the RN Charge Nurse include:
- Maximizing management opportunities while on assigned shift
- Effectively managing resources
- Promoting a team-like atmosphere
- Complying with educational requirements while promoting a climate of learning
- Acting as a positive role model
- Serving as a clinical resource for staff members
- Implementing staffing plan
- Participating as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of rehabilitation goal
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs, telemetry
- Timely and accurate documentation
- Ensuring medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately
- Competence in Rapid Response and code events
- Teaching and counseling patients/families
- Displaying a “customer service” attitude toward patients, visitors, and other staff members at all times
As a RN Charge Nurse, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the RN Charge Nurse role include:
- Valid RN Registered Nurse license in state of employment
- Experience with vents / hemodynamics; Critical drips; ET Tubes and Wounds
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- ACLS certification within 6 months of hire
- Skills in handling emergency and life-threatening situations
- Positive, caring and customer-service oriented attitude
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Discounted membership to 9,500 gyms nationwide
- Clinical advancement program
Job Type: Full-time
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- BLS, ACLS (Required)