HVAC Investigators is a nationwide company looking for very skilled, knowledgeable and reliable technicians to help us investigate and try to determine the true cause and extent of damage to HVAC systems for insurance claims. We are the nation's leading provider in performing residential and commercial damage assessments for insurance carriers with over 800 technicians nationwide and we're specifically looking for more coverage in the Green Bay and surrounding areas! Every technician is trained to document specific information, testing the system and taking photographs to help us write a detailed report to the insurance carrier explaining the cause, extent of damage, options and costs to repair vs. replace. We consider this to be a very prestigious certification as we have high standards and want our technicians to proudly represent our company!
PLEASE NOTE: This is supplemental work, not a full time position. We contact you whenever we receive claims in the area to schedule accordingly so it's a great way to pick up additional work!
What do we do?
Every day, hundreds of insurance claims are filed for both residential and commercial HVAC equipment. The problem that the insurance companies are running into is this: the stated type of damage that is being filed is not actually the legitimate cause of damage, which leaves them paying far beyond what is required. For example, someone with a 15 year old unit files a claim with their insurance company for lightning damage when, in reality, their system is old and has failed due to wear and tear OR their local contractor has given them a quote to replace their entire system when actually all that is needed is a $200 part.
HVAC Investigators (HVACi) provides a very valuable service for insurance companies nationwide to find out the facts and, in turn, save them money. We investigate these claims to provide the insurance company with a non-biased, objective diagnosis of the cause of damage and a recommendation that will bring the unit back to pre-loss condition. When the claim is settled, the homeowner’s unit should be restored to the condition that it was in before the damage occurred - NOT the day they bought it!
Responsibilities and Duties
We have over 800 technicians nationwide that do independent contract work for our company. We're not looking for someone to commit to 40 hours a week - this is supplemental work that can be scheduled to fit your availability! Our scheduling department will be working with you to coordinate a time that works for both you and the homeowner. We ask that you take photos, document all readings, and be very thorough in your inspection so that we can deliver A+ reports to our insurance carriers.
Qualifications and Skills
All of our technicians must meet the following requirements:
- WI Contractors License
- General Liability Insurance Policy ($1M per occurrence, $2M aggregate)
- EPA Type II or Universal Certification
- Minimum 5 Years Experience
- Pass a Criminal Background Check (No felonies or any charges related to violence, theft or dishonesty. Additionally, no misdemeanors within the past 7 years)
- No cost to join, supplemental contract work
- Scheduled at your discretion (you decide whether to accept or not and how far you'd like to travel)
- Great opportunity in the HVAC field to be part of an elite technician network
- Enhances knowledge and technical skills
- Training seminars and coaching available to teach correct and effective troubleshooting techniques
- Quick payment (typically by direct deposit within a couple days)
Job Type: Contract