As a Senior Merchandise Planner, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment. As a Senior Planner, you will provide expert advice to Planner(s) to align efforts amongst varying perspectives.
You won’t do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the “art” to the “science” of retailing, we’re also counting on you to share your knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments for merchandise planning and replenishment
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Maintains and executes financial plans and open-to-buy (OTB) forecasts for Merchandise Department
- Places orders and oversees the placement and validation of orders within high-growth merchandise categories and departments
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports the continuous development and implementation of financial strategies for complex merchandise categories and departments
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of experience in planning, buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- At least 2 years of experience in a Fashion retail environment.
- Planners should be available to work nights and weekends when necessary to achieve specific deliverables, especially during the November/ December timeframe
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
Manages forecast meetings and processes and decision making for a low-to-moderately complex category. Reviews forecast plans for low-to-moderately complex category. Reviews vendor/seller forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy for low-to-moderately complex category. Provides input into category financial plans and budgets (e.g., for sales, margins, 3P revenue)for low-to-moderately complex category.
Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met. Provides input on key metrics for own category team. Models, analyzes and evaluates impact of key variables on category performance. Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on category performance.
Manages and executes category budgets, season or campaign buy plans and line review financials.
Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for low-to-moderately complex category. Develops inventory projects and buying strategies for the category. Conducts analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans
Manages placement of orders for low-to-moderately complex category. Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decisions for low-to-moderately complex category. Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, and Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets.
Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Have performance and career development conversations. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors Planners.