This position is responsible for implementing both home and office procedures for the DOE Weatherization Assistance Program and utility funded HES-IE programs. The ideal candidate must have the ability to perform home energy audits according to BPI standards. Responsible for the data entry into the appropriate DOE National Energy Audit Tool (NEAT) and HES-IE systems may be required. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of the customer by fully implementing the Home Energy Solutions Field Manual and the DOE Weatherization audit requirements. Ability to perform light to moderate weatherization work including but not limited to caulking, weather-stripping of doors and windows, installation of door sweeps, showerheads and aerators, assemble and install energy saving lamps and light bulbs and to convey energy conservation process to customer. This position also includes light handy work and the use of manual and power tools. Customer service skills required while on the phone and in the customer’s home. This position will coordinate with the senior program coordinator and report to the program manager.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and report all required energy related and non-energy related improvements based on advanced Building Sciences principles
- Collect and report comprehensive field data from energy assessments and enter into audit software or tablet/smart phone devices.
- Utilize required software to deliver timely work scopes and reports
- Perform and report advanced heating system diagnostic testing including combustion analyses, draft, and flue and ambient carbon monoxide levels
- Perform and report advanced air leakage (using a blower door), duct leakage (using pressure pans) and attic and zonal pressure diagnostics (using a digital manometer)
- Record insulation levels in thermal boundaries of dwelling and U-and-R values of building materials.
- Conduct and record various general construction materials measurements (i.e., windows, siding, roofing, framing etc.)
- Assess and prepare report on duct system repair needs
- Prepare/review materials and labor estimate, using approved computer software, based on on-site assessment and funding source requirements
- Effectively learn and use a variety of software applications as introduced into business segment.
- Review for accuracy and thoroughness the formal work scopes prepared by others
- Communicate clearly, professionally and courteously with customer to ensure understanding of the work performed and overall satisfaction with weatherization experience
- Perform and report energy audits for DOE WAP/Home Energy Solutions-Income Eligible properties
- Maintain required training and industry certifications/licensing necessary for professional credentialing
- Perform other essential functions assigned by Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of building science, residential construction and best practices in weatherization protocols
- Ability to use residential energy auditing software, as needed, such as NEAT and MHEA.
- Excellent applied knowledge of mathematics/calculations customary to building trades industry
- Computer and tablet proficiency and ability to work with a variety of database and software platforms
- Knowledge of residential heating and cooling system components
- Knowledge of the air sealing, insulation methods, and Connecticut Weatherization procedures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in weatherization assistance or related energy conservation/efficiency experience required and working knowledge of mathematics applied to building trades.
- Position-related training and certification, to include Building Performance Institute (BPI) - Building Analyst, & Envelope. U.S. EPA - Retrofit, Repair and Painting (RRP), U.S. DOE - Weatherization Assistance Program Lead Safe Weatherization (LSW), and ASHRAE 62.2.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"), will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The employee must possess abilities to:
- Stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and lift/carry/manipulate loads up to 50 pounds
- Enter confined spaces such as crawlspaces, attics to inspect work performed by subordinates
- Visual and Auditory acuity to convey verbal commands and instruction and/or receive feedback and hear concerns from employees, clients, and customers.
- Climb ladders or steps to reach objects and inspect work at heights greater than ten feet.
- Travel across rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces
- Withstand occasional exposure to noise, dust or common environmental chemicals or fumes
- Work safely in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements.
Safety Equipment and/or Apparel required
- Employee must provide their own all-weather apparel suitable to changing climate conditions
- Employee will wear shoes with adequate traction/slip-resistance to meet climate and surface conditions as well as OSHA guidelines for specific operations or work site conditions).
- Some operations may require use of specialized safety equipment in conjunction with OSHA requirements (including but not limited to safety glasses, hard hat, hearing protection, etc; refer to OSHA General Industry and/or Construction standards for details).
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- Account Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)