This position requires AT LEAST 2 years experience WITH THE RAILROAD. This is NOT a construction position.
RailPros Field Services has a need for Roadway Worker In Charge (RWIC) associates for our nation-wide services to the railroad industry. The locations of need are associated with the service areas of the following railroads: BNSF, CP, CN, KCS, UP, NS, CSX, Amtrak.
**IMMEDIATE NEEDS IN: FL, MD, CT, ND, IA, TX, NM, MA, MN, LA, MO, IL, OK, WI, KS, WA, OR, CA, CO, AR, NE, GA, WV, and NV**
- The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 1-2 years of direct railroad experience, preferably within the Maintenance of Way (MOW) department as a flagger.
- Candidates will have significant experience with similar work, with background in such roles as: roadmasters, signal managers, track inspectors, signal and bridge inspectors, and foremen.
- Other railroad and railroad construction experience will be considered.
- Must be able to identify and correct safety issues on the job-site in accordance with railroad regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication is required.
- The RWIC will perform on-site roadway worker protection supporting for both 3rd-party and railroad activities on and around live railroad tracks. The FIC is responsible for jobsite coordination, dispatcher/train communication, and various types of On-Track Safety in controlled and non-controlled track.
- The RWIC is required to perform daily job briefings with all personnel on the job site and ensure all personnel adhere to the safety requirements of the railroad.
- Commonly used tools and equipment weigh 15 to 90 pounds and will often be handled multiple times throughout the day.
- Many RWIC assignments require walking or standing for extended periods.
- RWIC assignments may require travel away from home for varying lengths of time.
- The position is on-call as needed and hours worked will vary.
- Maintain safety credentials and actively participate in routine reoccurring safety classes and qualification training.
- Submit daily work reports using a tablet that accurately depict what occurred on the jobsite and train passage through the jobsite each day. Complete other reports as may be required.
Employment is dependent on successful passing of drug/alcohol testing, safety class, on-site training, railroad safety test, and a background check.
Required experience: Railroad Experience: 2 years
**In order to be considered for this position, we would like to ask you to complete an Application for Employment on our website, you may access the application in the listed link, below. **
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $20.00 to $35.00 /hour
- direct railroad: 2 years (Preferred)