DE&I Project Coordinator
The Center for Diversity & Inclusion (CDI) is a department within Brigham & Women’s Hospital that aims to enhance workforce diversity by providing career advancement and professional development opportunities and through promoting increased recruitment and retention among all diverse faculty, trainees and students. CDI’s mission is to promote a vibrant, diverse and inclusive professional community where every person can thrive.
In conjunction with the Office for Women’s Careers (OWC) Faculty Director, CDI is seeking a program coordinator that will, oversee the development, planning, coordination, administration and delivery of programs and initiatives specific to the Office for Women’s Careers and work in collaboration with the Faculty Director and CDI Staff.
- Designs events and programs including but not limited to the Women’s Leadership Program, Women in Medicine & Science Symposium, Spring Luncheon, and Career Development Roundtables. Assists with the planning/delivery of other events as necessary. Schedules and coordinates turnkey events.
- In conjunction with the Faculty Director, design and implement leadership development, mentoring and sponsorship initiatives to improve the ability of women to actualize their leadership potential.
- Develops and coordinates marketing efforts and event coordination regarding OWC programming and in conjunction with co-sponsored and cross-collaborative events with other Centers, Division and Departments.
- Serves as primary liaison for collaborations between the OWC and the Center for Faculty Development & Wellness, the Brigham Research Institute, the Office for Research Careers and other academic departments and divisions on initiatives focused on professional fulfillment and burnout for women faculty.
- Tracks participant lists and evaluation/utilization metrics to help identify opportunities for women faculty both internal and external to the organization.
- Develops programming specifically focused on mid-career and senior women faculty to support the goal of advancing women in leadership.
- Tracks and manages the use of the Family Care Travel Award. Provides feedback and data as needed to the Faculty Director and sponsors of the Award.
- Manages all correspondence for the Office for Women’s Careers including but not limited to maintaining the calendar of events for the OWC, and triaging incoming mail requests for the OWC’s Outlook general mailboxes.
- Develops content in conjunction with the OWC Faculty Director to coordinate the OWC advisory board meetings, special events and seminars which includes handling meeting logistics, preparation, agendas, minutes, and administrative follow-up and action items.
- Point of contact for faculty and staff calling the OWC with requests, inquiries and resources. Will answer questions and provide support.
§ This position has exposure to program design and content development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and an interest in healthcare and program management. Interest and experience with Gender Equity, Diversity & Inclusion initiatives is preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience preferred. Co-op and Internship experience in program management, marketing, event coordination, diversity & inclusion a plus
- Experience with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
Skills and Abilities
- Organizational Skills/Attention to Detail – Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve project/program deadlines. Follow-through and exceptional attention to detail is essential.
- Communication Skills– Effective observation/listening skills to anticipate the needs of internal/external customers and deliver the highest standard of customer service. Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively with others across all levels.
- Computer/Technical Skills – Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills.
- Flexibility to work in a collaborative team environment across multiple programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for educating and providing feedback to a variety of faculty, residents, medical students and staff.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect.
- Strong critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion and gender equity.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Possesses the ability to learn quickly.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions, and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives, and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under the law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Primary Location MA-Boston-BWH Boston Main Campus
Work Locations BWH Boston Main Campus 75 Francis St Boston 02115
Organization Mass General Brigham
Standard Hours 40
Shift Day Job
Employee Status Regular
Recruiting Department BWH Human Resources
Job Posting Aug 17, 2023