The Human Resource Manager, reporting directly to the Vice-President, Human Resources, will manage the day-to-day activities of the Human Resource team and coordinate human resource management activities including payroll, benefits, personnel policies, employee and labor relations, and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or related field.
- Minimum Three (3) years Human Resource Management work experience.
- Attainment of Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification within two years.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Manage daily Human Resource functions for multi-site organization including, on-boarding, payroll and benefits administration, employee and labor relations, and labor/employment law compliance.
- Oversee the processing of new hire paperwork, coordinate and conduct new hire orientation and exit interviews.
- Provide effective leadership in manufacturing, union environment.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering union labor contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective employee investigations and respond to grievances, EEOC, and other complaints.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. - Represent the company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Conduct disciplinary/termination meetings for hourly union and non-union employees.
- Manage administration of and adherence to human resource policies and procedures including,
- Affirmative Action reporting, FMLA administration, absenteeism, job bidding, and overtime scheduling.
- Administer drug screening process in accordance with Drug Free Workplace Policy. - Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with management and Human Resources leadership to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Maintain and update company organizational charts, employee records, and company handbooks.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, engagement, and retention.
- Plan and coordinate personnel training activities and participate in the evaluation and monitoring of training programs
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- Competent knowledge and understanding of HR policies and procedures, Federal and State employment laws and regulations, recruitment, selection, training, compensation, payroll and benefits, employee relations, and human resources information systems (HRIS).
- Proven and proficient knowledge of DOL, EEOC, FMLA, ADAAA and multi-state compliance regulations.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to work expeditiously, manage change, and demonstrate excellent analytical skills.
- Professional presence, ability to engage with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, business knowledge, and ability to work in fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Great time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks with competing deadlines.
- Knowledge and ability to build effective teams, encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to lead and work effectively in a union environment.
- Requires the desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education, keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Willingness to take on varied assignments and challenges.
- Must be able to provide Human Resources support to off-shift departments on a regular basis.
- Must be able to travel to other locations to provide Human Resources support (approximately 30% of the time)
Reporting to this Position:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business or related field.
- Experience in union environment
No Direct Reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand and fingers to handle or feel objects, use of computer, and reach with hands and arms; Sitting 80%, standing/walking 20%. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Founded in 1935, Bardstown, KY-based Heaven Hill Brands (www.heavenhill.com) is the nation's largest independent, family-owned and operated spirits producer and marketer and the world's second-largest holder of Kentucky Bourbon. Heaven Hill's diversified portfolio of brands includes Evan Williams Bourbon; Larceny, Elijah Craig and Henry McKenna Bourbons, Burnett's Vodkas and Gin; Admiral Nelson's and Blackheart Rums; HPNOTIQ Liqueur; The Christian Brothers Brandies; PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur; Domaine de Canton Ginger Liqueur; Lunazul Tequila; Cinerator Hot Cinnamon Flavored Whiskey and Rittenhouse Rye Whiskey.
Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam
Heaven Hill Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer