Trevena, a publicly-traded, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania is looking for a Paralegal to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President of Legal & Corporate Secretary, the paralegal will be responsible for supporting corporate legal matters within the Company including preparation of SEC filings and related exhibits, preparation of materials related to the Board of Directors and other corporate governance matters and provide support to contracts processes.
Specifically, the Paralegal will;
- Assist with the preparation and filing of SEC reports on Forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K.
- Assist with the preparation of Section 16 filings and maintain internal SEC files.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Assist with the preparation of meeting minutes from Board of Directors and Committee meetings.
- Assist with organizing and preparing for the company’s annual stockholder meeting.
- Assist with contracts and contract administration.
- Manage the Company’s cloud-based electronic contract management system.
- Maintain internal legal department and corporate files including, but not limited to, intellectual property records.
- Organize documents and coordinate document production in response to discovery requests. Support in-house review and processing of documents for document preparation.
- Assist with due diligence for transactions and preparation and review of disclosure schedules required for such matters.
- Observes all Trevena policies, SOPs and safety guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required. Certified Legal Assistant or Certified Paralegal credentials preferred.
- Five years of corporate paralegal experience, including securities and corporate governance experience.
- Prior experience working with contracts (i.e. Nondisclosure Agreements, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Consulting Agreements) and contracts administration preferred.
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry strongly preferred but not required.
- Notary Public certification preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite and an ability to learn and use new software and technology.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly professional demeanor.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paralegal: 5 years (Required)