We are immediately hiring a Warehouse Supervisor, in Chicago, IL, for our Supply Chain Solutions division. Apply here today to speak with a Recruiter about the position and perks of joining our Ryder Ever Better Team.
- Pay Type: Exempt / Salary paid Twice Per Month
- Annual Salary Pay: $65,000 - $70,000 per year based on experience
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9:30pm-6:00am
When Fortune 500 businesses and new startups need supply chain solutions, they look to our industry-leading logistics experts. At Ryder, there is more to being a supply chain professional than working on some of the nation’s biggest brands. We make sure you are also getting the diverse experience, advancement opportunities, all from an industry-leading Fortune 500 company.
Here are a few of the many benefits when working with us:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits start at 30 Days
- 401 (K) Savings Plan with a company match
- Discounted employee stock purchase options
- Quality employee discounts that actually save you money on tools, cars, appliances, travel and more
- All major holidays paid and Paid time off within your first year
- Up to 12 weeks paid maternity leave
Apply Here With Ryder Today
We want YOU to join our family made up of Proud Women and Men in Logistics who work alongside Military Reserve and Veterans we hire every day!
Click here to see all Opportunities at Ryder: https://ryder.com/careers
Under the responsibility of the Manager, the Supervisor Logistics is responsible to supervise, coordinate and oversee the logistics operations and provide coaching, development and training to the staff members. The successful candidate must be able to provide recommendations for improvements to the facility, equipment, machinery, and processes. They will be accountable that the staff is performing to standard and has to ensure that progress is made to achieve the business objectives.
- Supervise, coordinate and oversee day to day logistics operations;
- Plan and review, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager, all logistics processes, ensuring that they meet the company standards and customer service specifications
- Establish work schedules and procedures and coordinate activities of the workers to ensure optimal shift/team logistics
- Accountable for site Key Performance Indication (KPI)
- Working in collaboration with customer in all aspect of operations
- Meet regularly with team members collectively, as well as on an individual basis to monitor progress towards meeting objectives, track performance, coach and counsel as well as recognizing team and individual successes
- Cultivate team spirit with a Diversity and Inclusion initiative and promote cooperation by seeking opportunities to improve internal processes
- Carry out performance evaluations of the team members and recommend performance awards and/or merit increases when appropriate
- Address performance problems through corrective action and disciplinary process
- Understand labor agreement and maintain positive labor relations with all employees
- Responsible for implementation of health & safety and security initiatives, practices and behaviors and adherence to company rules and policies
- Provide appropriate orientation for employees and Lead Hands and give them the information, technology and any material necessary to perform their jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Strong planning skills
- Results oriented
- Effective leadership skills
- Motivating skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Diverse team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- One (1) year or more experience in transportation, warehouse or distribution environment preferred
- 0 to One (1) year direct supervisory/leadership experience required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.