We do work that matters. Unlike anywhere else, you receive the support, stability and opportunity of a Fortune 500 leader while focusing every day on making a meaningful impact on the lives of those we serve.
As a Market Director, you’ll introduce new talent to Thrivent and help launch the successful careers of new Thrivent financial advisors. You’ll provide leadership to the team in your market, and work with your team and other leaders to help our clients achieve financial clarity and make the most of all they’ve been given.
Attract, Recruit and Select Diverse Talent
- Create and implement a recruiting strategy to grow capacity by attracting and cultivating quality, diverse financial advisor candidates in the Dallas area, leveraging centers of influence and obtaining referrals from Thrivent financial advisors.
- Actively manage a pipeline of high quality candidates and follow up on cold-sourced lead referrals using Thrivent recruiting and selection systems.
- Conduct selection interviews and assess candidates for high probability for success.
- Create followership by demonstrating enthusiasm for the career and for Thrivent and by caring about the success of others.
Develop new financial advisors and support the launch of new advisor practices
- Develop a mastery of the Thrivent Financial Advice Process and be able to model and coach on all elements.
- Conduct high levels of joint field work (approx 3 days per week) as scheduled by new financial advisors to observe and offer feedback and help with case prep as needed.
- Demonstrate, model and coach on the use of Salesforce and other Thrivent tools during the sales process.
- Be available to financial advisors to develop their goals and provide coaching to achieve them.
- Engage in business planning to set strategy for market and to determine how to meet goals
- Provide leadership and coaching to market team.
- Develop a healthy culture within the market and ensure a culture of excellence in the market.
- Work with market leadership team to develop and implement a growth plan, and identify key focus areas.
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders within the Christian community and other centers of influence.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate
- Drives for results: strives for success, and takes ownership of market’s performance.
- Passionate about attracting and developing others: gains professional satisfaction from the success of others and being a source of help.
- Adaptable: flexible, agile and amenable.
- Courageous: willingness to take risks and do what needs to be done to grow individuals and the market.
- Credible: Seen as an expert in what it takes to be a successful financial advisor, both in sales process/methods and systems/technology
- Demonstrated track record of solid sales results (i.e. L/H/A, investments, etc).
- Previous experience in attracting others.
- Will and skill to commit to joint field work expectations.
- Experience in leading groups, specifically in presenting and facilitating in order to drive understanding of concepts and practices that lead to new advisor success.
- FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66 required or obtained within 90 days.
- State insurance licensed and appointed in life, health and variable lines of authority or attained within 90 days.
- State securities registered and insurance licensed and appointed in all states that comprise the Advisor Group.
- Satisfactory background check and clean compliance record.
- Flexibility to travel within the Advisor Group (may include overnight) and conduct business during evening hours.
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred.
Thrivent fosters a diverse workforce to serve our diverse clientele, reflecting a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. If you’re intrigued about our work and the possibility of becoming part of it, we invite you to visit Thrivent.com/careers to learn more. You won’t just build a career; you’ll be part of an organization focused on growing, innovating, and serving.
Thrivent is the marketing name for Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. Insurance products, securities and investment advisory services are provided by appropriately appointed and licensed financial advisors and professionals. Only individuals who are financial advisors are credentialed to provide investment advisory services. Visit Thrivent.com or FINRA’s Broker Check for more information about our financial advisors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Are you licensed (FINRA Series 7, 63/65 or 66; state insurance licensed; state securities registered)?
- financial services: 5 years (Preferred)