Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Area Manager positions with a multi-billion-dollar private company in the food production industry. Our client’s commitment shows in all they do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to a great experience wherever you shop and eat. The company’s culinary team takes pride in crafting frozen foods for stores, schools, restaurants and home delivery.
As an Area Manager, you will be responsible to lead, motivate and engage the route service team at a company depot to safely deliver world class customer service and sales growth (profitability). You will ensure efficient route operations that best leverage all assets and resources available and will lead the execution of performance and operational goals focused in the areas of safety people service quality cost and growth. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Lead sales performance within an area of approximately $3-$6M in annual sales revenue.
- Manage route productivity and asset/resource utilization (typically five to eight Route Service Reps and several warehouse employees).
- Maintain productive route structure by ensuring effective work hours and expectations are met as well as route sequence integrity.
- Lead execution of delivery and service standards to ensure a high-quality customer experience through efficient route operations.
- Execute and enforce safety standards within the Depot; drive accountability of safe behaviors by coaching team members, identifying and removing risks, and participating in accident investigations.
- Focus on effective talent selection hiring and successful onboarding of new team members.
- Ensure successful customer service delivery as well as recovery; serve as local point of contact for customer service communication and follow-up coordination with the call center and overall issue resolution.
- Oversee the warehouse team to ensure execution of efficient warehouse operations (management of fleet assets for the location compliance with Pre- and Post-Trip inspections utilization PM schedule repair/maintenance, breakdown, pick-up, etc),
- Review financial reporting/KPI #s to make informed decisions on cost controls, route productivity, product inventory controls, maintenance of assets, depot supplies, profitability, etc.
As an Area Manager-in-Training you will be trained by the in-house Area Manager on all aspects of leading and managing an Operational branch in an assigned territory, with the intent of having you fully trained and ready to take over a branch within the same Zone (not necessarily the branch at which you trained) approximately four to six months.
Target base salary of $68K-$75K (plus Bonus opportunity based on Sales performance; can be as high as 25%).
Minimal to no overnight requirements. You can expect to be in the “field” with your RSRs two to three days per week (typically Tuesday through Thursday) and in the office for Administrative tasks on Monday and Friday.
You can realistically expect a relatively intensive, but very structured, work week that averages approximately 55-60 hours per week.
You will receive structured training upon hire, to include four weeks of the company’s “Right Start” program (emphasizing Route Management and company disciplines), several weeks of specific Route coverage, and six weeks of the company’s “People Leadership Essentials” program (emphasizing effective leadership within the company culture).
Relocation assistance can be provided on a case-by-case basis
Our client offers a very competitive Total Rewards Benefits package to include comprehensive Health / Dental / Vision insurance, a number of different Employee Wellness programs, 401k Savings Plan (with employer match) AND a Profit-Sharing program (based on Company performance), variable incentive pay, etc.
- Leadership and business acumen important.
- Able to inspire, coach, and develop others through a shared vision and purpose.
- Demonstrated knack for selecting high quality/caliber talent.
- Passion for providing outstanding service. A
- Desire to have personal accountability while driving a culture of execution and goal achievement.
- A “Coaching and Collaboration” style of leadership is the best model for these roles.
- Experience with P&L and sales accountability and driving increased business results is obviously desired as well.