Demonstrates above average skill and professionalism in the performance of all aspects of the job. Maintain a positive work ethic and attitude as a team working with leadership to improve daily. Follow all instructions pertaining to proper operation and safety. Strive for continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic / Pneumatic / Electrical
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision.
- Capable of replacing Die Sections and Punches.
- Knowledge and use of PLC’s (Programmable Controllers)
- Basic trouble shooting skills for mechanical equipment.
- Understand the basics of part quality e.g. burrs inside holes, marks on part, use go / no go pins.
- Stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Basic knowledge of stamping dies, punching, & forming.
- Capable of running basic tool room equipment e.g. mill, grinder, drill press
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Responsible for maintaining spare details using Kahn Bahn System
- Have own tools for repairing equipment
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and explain the function (including controls, mechanical devices, tooling components and auxiliaries) of the types of presses found in the facility.
- Show a working knowledge of material/part conformance standards and basic SPC recording techniques.
- Be able to recognize common equipment problems and adverse material conditions.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a clean and orderly work area in compliance with facility housekeeping policies.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of metal stamping processes and auxiliaries such as coil-fed, manual feed, coining operations, embossing, forming, blanking, piercing, and/or drawing.
- Show familiarity in the use of calipers, micrometers, scales/tape measure and gages.
- Be able to inspect and prepare work area.
- Start, stop and restart equipment.
- Inspect first piece part and prepare for production.
- Be familiar with all safety features and requirements for the safe operation of equipment/machinery.
- Conduct all quality checks and verify quality of work.
- Understands and enforces all safety rules and environmental procedures in plant.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Should have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS Show an ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Have the ability to write simple correspondence. Show the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Demonstrate the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Show the ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIROMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Pneumatics: 5 years
- Hydraulics: 5 years
- electrical: 5 years
- High school or equivalent