The Program Coordinator reports to the Extended Care Director, Assistant Extended Care Director. Supports after school Program Leaders and the after school program. Program Coordinator will act as the liaison between school staff and faculty, parents, and students with regard to after school programming. Program Coordinator supervises student activities, consistently and confidently draws the behavior for students in the program, enforces rules, and disciplines accordingly. Program Coordinator establishes that Extended Care and Live Oak School expectations are used to guide planning and behavior management in creating classroom community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is present during the academic school year and all school working days.
- Arrives two hours before student dismissal, in order to prep for programming and meet with Extended Care Director and Assistant Director.
- Program logistics/coordination for the organization of courses including scheduling, preparation, and follow up.
- Assist in management of staff schedules and calendars for programming. Distribute duties, such as, setting up for program, art/games schedule, clubs, and outside play.
- Assist in setting up and monitoring Kinderlime website (attendance management system) and provide support to staff/faculty and parents for using the system.
- Monitor daily attendance. Manage signing in of students to program, confirm students are accounted for and properly signed in.
- Model appropriate behaviors. Track student behavior (shared doc in Google), and feedback from faculty/staff – send regular reports and emails to Extended Care Director.
- Be sure sufficient snack is provided and distributed for K-8.
- Track tutoring schedules…. outside tutors, in-school tutors, and peer to peer tutors.
- Be aware of all after school Live Oak activities and where they take place, including sports, drama, etc.
- Keep parents informed of behavior, activities, holiday care days, Roots & Branches, clubs, program schedule, and other day-to-day events.
- Maintain daily communication with Extended Care Director and Assistant Director regarding all aspects of program.
- Advise and assist students with various issues, ranging from enrichment to academic.
- Working directly with the Assistant Director including Roots & Branches instructors on:
- Class schedules
- Room Assignments
- Regular communication with instructors
- Student Attendance
- Student behaviors
- Communication between parents and instructors
- Two year proven experience working with school age students (K-14 yrs).
- Understanding of youth development principles.
- Able to work independently, take initiative, be flexible and adaptable to a variety of jobs.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in collaboration with others.
- Tutoring experience.
Compensation for this position: Depends on experience
Program Management: 2 years (Required)
United States (Required)
Job Type: Part-time