VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future.
The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it’s an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it’s a Volkswagen thing.
Provides assistance and support to the Director of the Product Analysis Group (PAG), the Office of the General Counsel, group brands, and outside counsel in the following areas: Product Research and Reporting.
FRED Report review
- Daily transfer of reportable incidents from PLDB to VWGoA’s online TREAD. Including: FL, SI, AB, UA, CC, PD, Warranty
- Bulk transfer of TDI Class Action, BoW, and Mass Action complaints
- Correction of entry errors in PLDB at their time of entry into the online TREAD portal (VIN #)
- Ensure that TREAD entries are correct via comparison to LISTEN cases
- Log keeping of all entries made in TREAD Portal
- Review of each case received through PLDB or email for an allegation of Death, Injury, or Property Damage. Review of LISTEN case and all associated materials/documentation
- Warranty entry and analysis of cases closed twice per month
- Participation in and support of TREAD related audits and inquiries
- Ongoing discussion of cases and TREAD matters
- Annual creation of inspection folder repository for each engineer on both shares
- Transfer of inspection data from in house file shares to online shares when notified of the file’s completion by the PAG Engineer
- Verification of file size, correctness, and completeness of inspection files & data
- Notification to engineers of any errors in folders or files they submit
- Updating inspection data if and when more becomes available
- Correspondence with colleagues in Michigan in order to facilitate data transfer
- Review of field reports submitted through FRED
Special Research / Acquisition Projects / Surveys
- Collection and interpretation of data for a specific project study
- Acquisition of vehicle parts as requested
- Conduct on site data surveys at dealers as required
- Gather data and construct statistical reports as requested
- Gather data and assist inside and outside counsel
- Gather data and / or items as requested by counsel or group brands
- Arrange transportation for gathered items as required
- Locate, purchase, and transport of specific vehicles as requested by counsel and / or group brands
Years of Experience:
- 2-4 Years Automotive experience
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Ability to speak comfortably and competently in public
- Computer skills – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Problem solving
- Resource management
- Ability to prioritize
- Deep working knowledge of Automotive Technology
- 1-3 years of related experience with data research
- Ability to understand, interpret, explain and report upon technical documentation.
- Ability to read, understand, and explain vehicle inspection reports
- Must possess a basic understanding of automotive terms
- Thorough knowledge of Windows file management; file transfer protocol (FTP), advanced relational databases and WWW research skills as related to litigation.
- Ability generate research spread sheets
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be prepared to travel (15%+) to perform assigned duties.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Job Type: Full-time