To perform routine maintenance duties which include working with hand tools, problem solving and basic equipment or facility repairs. Contact various vendors and contractors for scheduling repairs and PM services.
Essential Job Functions
- Reports to supervisor of buildings and grounds to receive day's assignments.
- Performs simple carpentry tasks, such as installing shelves, hooks, or closet rods.
- Changes light bulbs, may replace fixtures, and does similar minor electrical tasks.
- Opens clogged drains, fixes leaks, and performs other simple plumbing jobs.
- Does touch-up painting and repaints rooms as required.
- Assists in snow shoveling when needed.
- Outdoor building maintenance including mowing, removing weeds and brush, and various other outdoor work.
- Assists with loading or unloading trucks and moving furniture when needed.
- Maintains tools and maintenance equipment in working order and keeps maintenance room in neat condition.
- Cleaning Bins in Sample Management department
- Scanning samples into post-test in the Sample Management department
- Assisting with de-boxing
- Control of the cardboard Baler
- Keeping the dock clean and organized
- Disposal of samples if/when needed
- Other tasks as assigned by the Facilities Specialist and/or management.
- High school diploma required.
- Must be able to read simple instructions and follow simple diagrams.
- Must be able to perform simple tasks independently after being given specific instructions.
- Must have general knowledge of simple equipment used in the building trades. Common knowledge of HVAC systems
- Must be able to work safely, use all personal protective equipment as required by OSHA and job requirements.
- Maintain excellent team working relationships.
- Report to work on off hours as directed by supervisor in event of emergency.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to work with other technicians of all disciplines as directed.
- Reliable attendance and punctual.
- Have the ability to multi task and prioritize
- The ability to solve issue on their own. Work alone without having supervision
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and climb to perform repairs, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Vision (with correction) sufficient for reading, performing repairs, and painting.
- Not be afraid of heights, (some work on the roof required).
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and lab environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.