Integral Ad Science (IAS) is seeking a talented Senior Systems Engineer to help automate and grow our infrastructure which is a global mixture of thousands of physical and virtual servers.
The ideal candidate possesses an expert level knowledge of linux systems and a firm grasp of all the layers involved in a complex, high throughput, low latency environment. The candidate will put that knowledge to use in troubleshooting, optimizing, and automating as much as possible.
- Support global production systems by participating in shared on-call rotations
- Capacity planning and growing the infrastructure to handle increasing traffic
- Develop custom monitoring and automation scripts and modules
- Work with developers to optimize applications and infrastructure
- Documenting architecture and solutions
Required Areas of Expertise
- 5+ years Linux server administration experience (RHEL, CentOS)
- Hadoop administration and optimization
- Software (tomcat, nginx), server hardware, and network troubleshooting
- Optimizing systems for low latency and high throughput
- Coding ability in Bash and Perl, Python, Ruby or similar
- Automating administration tasks, configuration management (Puppet or similar), and monitoring
- BS in Computer Science/related degree or equivalent experience
Skills that are helpful:
- Experience provisioning virtualized systems (foreman, AWS, kvm)
- Database administration (MySQL, Infobright, Impala)
- Network and systems security and optimization
- Familiarity with administration and use of Graphite, Zabbix, Kafka, Spark Stream
- Ability to debug Java/Tomcat applications
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions to empower the advertising industry to effectively influence consumers everywhere, on every device. We solve the most pressing problems for brands, agencies, publishers, and technology companies by verifying that every impression has the opportunity to be effective, optimizing towards opportunities to consistently improve results, and analyzing digital's impact on consumer actions. Built on data science and engineering, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in ten countries. Our growth and innovation have been recognized in Inc. 500, Crain's Fast 50, Forbes America's Most Promising Companies, and I-COM's Smart Data Marketing Technology Company. IAS was also named to Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC for three years running, Great Companies to Work For in NYS, and AdAge's list of Best Places to Work in the US.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ ( http://integralads.com/ ) or http://bit.ly/glassdoorIAS/ ( http://bit.ly/glassdoorIAS/ )
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters:
IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to email@example.com ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.