The Area Facility Operations Specialist shall assist the 99th Readiness Division (DIV(R)) with the execution and implementation of a multi-faceted, comprehensive engineering base operations and sustainment program to ensure the buildings and grounds are properly monitored and maintained to meet the functional, appearance, safety, security and environmental standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Facility inspections and checklists
- Monitor physical and functional condition of building systems
- Identify and report deficiencies
- Planning, coordination and quality assurance requirements and specifications for service contract support of facility repairs
- Coordinate and participate in occupational health and safety inspections
- Prepare, review and submit energy efficiency and sustainable practices/recommendations
- Promote energy conservation and awareness
- Develop quality assurance program and implement
- Provide quality assurance inspection and oversight for maintenance and repair and document as required
- Monitor facility systems
- Assist 99th DIV(R) DPW implement corrective actions, repair, and maintenance
- Develop tasks and requirements list and order of cost magnitude for Sustainment, Revitalization, and Maintenance (SRM) projects
- Ensure proper storage, usage, and disposal and associate documentation of hazardous materials and hazardous waste
- Monitoring and inspect life safety, physical security and fire prevention requirements. Address deficiencies if required.
- Respond to all information requests
- Attend Project Review Boards as requested
- Documentation, Checklists, and Reports.
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and three plus years’ experience;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of Five (5) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Suite.
- Current favorable National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI), in accordance with AR 380-67;
- Valid Driver’s License
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Recruiter Cathleen Stewart