If employee will be working a schedule other than Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, specify hours and days to be worked If Temporary, Ending Date Recruiting Rate Up to $40,000 Beginning Salary Flexibility Yes Pay Basis Salary Required Education Graduated High School or completed GED Do you want to allow additional experience to substitute for required education? No Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree Field of Study
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
MS Office Experience Required Word, Excel Will this position require driving a UT or personally owned vehicle? Yes - Marginal Function Other Computer and Software Skills Required
Personal computer and standard office
Experience and Other Skills Required
Six years of increasingly responsible experience in administration, clerical or office experience.
Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for four years of experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience interacting with both internal and external constituencies at all levels
Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
Demonstrated independent decision-making, strong customer service orientation, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Resourceful, positive, good humored, and the ability to anticipate needs of an executive
Possess highly developed organization and information management skills, strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Must be able to handle difficult situations with grace, diplomacy, and sound judgement
Ability to prioritize workload while managing concurrent, diverse projects
Must be able to meet time-sensitive deadlines and maintain an extremely high level of attention to detail in a fast-paced, changing environment
Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, and work under the direction of others
Do you want to allow additional education to substitute for required experience? Other-Per Job Description Other Skills Preferred
Similar experience in alumni relations or a non-profit organization.
Experience supporting a board of directors for a non profit organization.
Description of Job Duties
The UTSA Office of Alumni Relations seeks a highly organized, proactive, and solution oriented individual, skilled in communicating effectively with internal and external audiences, to provide direct administrative support to the AVP for Alumni Engagement & Analytics. Direct responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Providing direct executive level support to the AVP including calendar management, scheduling complex meetings, coordinating travel arrangements, drafting and editing correspondence.
2. Attending all Alumni Association Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings. Responsible for meeting preparation to include location, meals, dissemination of necessary board documents, record, prepare, and finalize meeting minutes in a timely fashion.
3. Researching and compiling data to create spreadsheets, reports, and mail merges; preparing and editing written correspondence on behalf of AVP.
4. Preparing AVP for meetings including agendas, logistics, support materials, minutes, and follow up on action items and deadlines.
5. Maintaining MOUs, Contract, Bylaws, and other documents for all vendors, benefactors, board members as needed.
6. Screening, monitoring and directing internal and external phone calls for the AVP ensuring the highest level of tact, diplomacy and judgment necessary at all times.
7. Maintaining AVP’s filing system. Coordinating and completing special projects as needed.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Posting Open Date 05/18/2018 Posting Close Date at midnight on Open Until Filled Yes Special Notes To Applicants
- UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
- UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by time of hire.
- At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.