POSITION TITLE: City Clerk
REPORTS TO: Mayor
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managing and supervising operations of the department and serving as custodian of all legal documents for the City. This position is also responsible for overseeing the collection of City revenues ,implementing and enforcing City ordinances, and acting as election superintendent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as official records custodian for the City and City Council: prepares meeting agendas, records and preserves official meeting minutes and other official documents.
- Supervises the collection of business license fees.
- Signs, certifies and preserves all city ordinances, resolutions, contracts, reports and other documents; maintain files of city documents.
- Create, distribute, and coordinate communication related to bidding and purchasing.
- Collect and manage documents related to ethics filings for political candidates.
- Serve as the Qualifying Officer for city elections.
- Updates and maintains the Municipal Code and Unified Development Code to reflect actions of the Council
- Ensures compliance with, and advises management of the Public Records Act
- Supervises the utility billing/customer service personnel
Possess knowledge of public administration, including management, supervision, and budgeting principles. Possess ability to interpret city ordinances, codes, policies and procedures. Knowledge of state and federal laws governing municipal operations. use various computer applications, including Microsoft Office and human resources information management systems. Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- Five years of increasingly responsible administrative experience in a city clerk’s office or two years at a management or supervisor level.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain the Certified Municipal Clerk designation.
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check and a valid driver’s license.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The deadline for application submission is Friday, February 7th, at 5:00 P.M. Applications can be accessed from City Hall, 222 Busbee Rd., Walthourville, GA 31333. Completed application packets may be mailed or delivered to Sarah B. Hayes, City of Walthourville, P.O. Box K, Walthourville, GA, 31333. An official sealed college transcript must be submitted.
The City of Walthourville is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace employer. The City of Walthourville is giving notice by this advertisement that their services are available without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation and marital or family status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Typical start time:
Typical end time: