Operations Manager – George M. Steinbrenner Field (Tampa, Florida)
Legends is a holistic agency that specializes in delivering solutions for legendary brands. We approach each project with our 360-degree service solution. Our Global Planning, Global Sales, and Hospitality service solutions collaborate on every project to ensure success across each of our six verticals including professional sports, collegiate, attractions, entertainment, international, and conventions.
Our intellectual property is our people. It's our expertise that makes up Legends. We know what it's like to be on the team, business, or athletic department side, which drives our passion in creating solutions for our partners. Collectively, our leadership has over 300 years of experience in sales and sponsorship, analytics and valuation, hospitality and operations.
George M. Steinbrenner Field is Spring Training home to the New York Yankees, as well as home to the Yankees Class-A Advanced Affiliate, the Tampa Tarpons. Aside from 80+ plus baseball games, George M. Steinbrenner Field also hosts numerous public and private events throughout the year.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overall management of concessions and warehouse operations at George M. Steinbrenner Field. This position will report directly to the General Manager.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining correct inventory levels
- Manage and oversee monthly inventory
- Ensure cash handling procedures are consistently met
- Assist in the scheduling for all hourly staff to guarantee proper payroll and management
- Develop warehousing plan to assure easy access and accountability of all products
- Maintain product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating customer concerns
- Recommend and maintain preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of Legends
- Implement and maintain effective communication with the client and all employees
- Assist in the development of programs that result in increased customer satisfaction
- Implement and ensure accurate information entered into POS; Have the ability to fix/resolve issues with POS systems as they arise
- Manage in compliance with established Legends’ policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of four years food and beverage and/or retail management experience
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline-oriented environment
- Customer Service oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with scheduling preferred
- Knowledge and effective operation of Point of Sale (‘POS’) including procedures and policies
Practice safe work habits including but not limited to looking for and reporting any unsafe work conditions, follow and encourage your team to follow all safety policies and procedures and regulations, complete company-wide safety training and any additional job specific safety training
Promptly report all safety incidents into the Company’s risk management system (Origami Risk)
Must be available to work extended hours such as nights, weekends, and holidays as business needs require
Legends is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.