*Practice Type: Employee
Setting: Community Health / Outpatient
Accepts J1 Visa? Yes | H1B Visa? Yes
Requires BE? Yes | BC? Yes*
- Full Time
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
- Languages Requested: Spanish
- Average patients seen: 20
- Call Schedule: 1 Month per Year Rotation
- Loan Repayment
- Relocation Assistance
- Compensation: $165K - $180K Plus Bonus Incentives Based on Productivity
- Benefits: 100% Coverage for Employee | 50% Family Coverage for Health/Dental/Vision | Short and Long-Term Disability | Simple IRA With 3% Match | Malpractice and Tort Through the FTCA | 5 CME Days Plus $2K | License Paid | 4 Weeks PTO | 11 Paid Holidays | HRSA Loan Forgiveness Program
- Additional Information: Fluent in Spanish a huge plus!
Provider Benefits :
- *Health, Vision, Dental, LTD, Basic Life/AD&D
The current standard company health, basic life/AD&D, short term & long-term disability, vision, and dental insurance coverage will be offered to you per company policy. As a Provider, your benefits will be effective the 1st day on the following month after start date. Presently NEFHS pays 100% coverage for you as employee and will pay 50% towards family coverage for health, dental and vision. Company benefit offerings and employee contributions for benefit plans are determined annually. The insurance plans to be made available are those which are available to other NEFHS employees, and Provider will be responsible for payment of any required co-pays and deductibles for health services rendered under the plan. See attached summary for further information. Additionally, a variety of supplemental insurance plans are available at employee cost through our broker.*
A plan with Cuna Mutual is offered to employees that allows for a matching contribution equal to 3% of your elective deferrals up to a limit of 3% of your compensation for the calendar year.*
NEFHS has been deemed as an employee of the Federal Government pursuant to the Federally Supported Health Centers Assistance Act of 1995 (Pub. L.104-73). The Provider will therefore have protection under the Federal Tort Claims Act for claims relating to personal injury, including death, resulting from the performance of medical procedures required under this agreement. Provider is only covered under the FTCA for duties performed within NEFHS’s scope of project.*
NEFHS shall reimburse the Provider for reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the Provider in fulfilling duties. The Provider shall comply with any reasonable accounting procedure established by NEFHS as a condition precedent to receiving payment for expenses. Provider shall be reimbursed up to $1500 one per contract 3 year for approved Continuing Medical Education (CME) expenses.
Felx Schedule with early Fridays- 12:00 close
As an employee of NEFHS, you will receive 11 paid holidays, determined annually by the company with one floater day per year*
- Student Loan Repayment Plan
- *Incentive and Bonus will be granted at the end of year.
There will be a review with CMO biannually. The first meeting with be schedule in June of each year as time permitted during your administrative afternoon (mandatory meeting); you will be provided with the information on your current performance, patient satisfaction, financial goal and projection to the end of year bonus. The last meeting will be in December (mandatory meeting.)
Bonuses will be calculated based on three major components
Total bonus awarded will be 10% of your gross salary determine as follow
Quality Improvement (50%)
- performance measures, including standardized national guideline using the healthcare effectiveness and information set (HEDIS at least 80%) measurements for performance and peer review (our goal is reach at least the 90th percentile of MU)
- Patient Satisfaction Surveys. (90% or better)
- This measurement is based on meeting or exceeding productivity for similarly credentialed providers practicing within a Federally Qualified Health Center.
- Revenue is based on patient encounters. The target annual number is 4200.
- Each provider will receive a 50% for reaching the target and 10 dollars for each patient*
Northeast Florida Health Services, Inc.
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
The Medical Physician provides medical services to the patients of Northeast Florida Health Services (NEFHS) in acute care and the clinical office setting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Maintains strict patient confidentiality at all times.
2. Completes patient history and physical.
3. Documents all patient care provided according to policy.
4. Formulates and directs plan of care for the patient.
5. Refers to other Providers as needed.
6. Prescribes medications in accordance with Florida revised code and Florida Administrative Code.
7. Complies with State Physician Guidelines/Law on Practicing Medicine.
8. Directs patient education for health education, maintenance, emotional and physical needs.
9. Participates and provides patient care for acute care services at the hospital.
10. Provides evening and weekend coverage for patients on a rotational basis coordinated by the Medical Director as required.
11. Participates in Medical Staff activities at the hospital as required.
12. Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
13. Utilizes supplies in a cost-effective manner.
14. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
15. Establishes and maintains professional working relationship with other members of the health care team.
16. Participates in planning and problem solving.
17. Participates in continuing education and professional growth.
18. Attends Provider staff meetings.
19. Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, personnel and medical, policies and procedures.
20. Assists other team members.
21. Assists with seasonal programs as needed.
22. Serves as a role model for clinical staff.
23. Adheres to the standards and policies of the Organizational Privacy/Security and Compliance Programs, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations (HIPAA. OSHA, OIG, guidelines, other State and Federal laws). This also includes reporting to the Board of Directors, Compliance Officer, supervisor, suggestion box, any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must hold a diploma from a school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or an osteopathic medical school by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and have completed not less than 12 months of graduate medical education or its equivalent or holds certification from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and has successfully completed not less than 12 months of graduate medical education through the first year level of graduate medical education or its equivalent or if the applicant is a qualified graduate of a fifth pathway training program and has successfully completed not less than 12 months of graduate medical education or its equivalent subsequent to completing fifth pathway training.
2. Must hold current license to practice Medicine in the State of Florida.
3. Eligible for Board Certification.
Frequent: Dust, Intermittent noise, Vibrations
Occasional: Hands in water, Cleaning agents, Excessive heat & cold, Cold & damp, Excessive humidity, Dry atmospheric conditions
Lifting: Up to 30 pounds 4-5 times a day 5-10 pounds routinely.
Carrying: Up to 30 pounds 5-10 times a day 5-10 pounds routinely.
Standing: 15-60 minutes at a time 4-6 hour a day.
Walking: 5-10 minutes at a time throughout the day.
Sitting: 5-10 minutes at a time 2-4 hour a day
Driving: 15-30 minutes at a time throughout the day.
Vision: Color distinction necessary.
Hearing: No greater loss than 40dB average for 500, 1000, 2000 Hz
Frequent: Twisting, Reaching, Bending, Writing, Speaking, Use of hands, Use of fingers, Grasping
ATTENDANCE AT HIPAA AND COMPLIANCE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS IS A REQUIREMENT OF EMPLOYENT.
The above is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance for this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Responsibilities, skills and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Northeast Florida Health Services, Inc.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $160,000.00 to $180,000.00 /year