The Branch Coordinator (BC) is the key local point of contact responsible for organizing and coordinating branch office duties & procedures to create and maintain an efficient work environment. Ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety, Branch Coordinator responsibilities include managing local branch accounts receivables/payables, supporting new order unit selection, scheduling service request appointments, ordering materials, maintaining and supporting inventory controls, and accurately handling administrative duties. Ultimately, the Branch Coordinator should be able to ensure the smooth running of the branch, helping to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations. The BC exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to general office management, vendor and contract management, local invoice collections and dispute resolution, and periodic branch reporting. Additionally, this position supports upper management with financial analytical support, managing the month-end close process and HR activities such as onboarding and time reporting. This position requires a person who is willing and able to effectively manage tasks in general office operations, service, inventory, and material coordination wile complying with all relevant Williams Scotsman policies. The Branch Coordinator will maintain excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, strive for high customer satisfaction and excel in Williams Scotsman’s Core Values of Collaboration, Empowerment, Excellence, and Innovation.
The Branch Coordinator reports to Branch Operations Leader
- Conducts business in compliance with all Williams Scotsman Safety, Transportation, and Environmental Policies
- Contribute to a working environment by providing exceptional and world class customer service
Service & Local Driver Coordination:
- Manage Accounts Payable process. Ensure proper invoice coding; reconcile discrepancies; prepare required reporting and documentation including utilizing the company purchase order policy, issuing POs to vendors, and controlling accuracy by receiving and matching corresponding POs and invoices
- Manage Accounts Receivable process. Take initiative to communicate with customers to resolve accounts receivable issues. Partner with the corporate collection department and Customer Success Specialist (CSS) to resolve customer concerns including disputes and change actions. Identify and escalate credit denials for immediate collection resolution, evaluate and handle customer paper fees and tax disputes
- General office/administrative duties. HR responsibilities including overseeing time reporting, ensuring accuracy of driver payroll and supervising onboarding of new hires, maintaining risk management reporting (accidents, OSHA & DOT reporting, etc.); manage the month-end-close for the Branch/Area; greet and assists all visitors, notifying the WS employee of the visitor; manage local contracts such as cleaning, office equipment, etc., inventory of office supplies; provide initial analysis and problem solving of network and PC hardware/ software for the office; contact and coordinate with IT Help Desk for service if necessary; receive and distribute all incoming mail and/or deliverables to appropriate personnel; prepare corporate packages; provide administrative support to the Branch Operations Leader (BOL) and General Manager (GM) as required
Inventory & Material Coordination:
- Handle service coordination and assign service call requests to field service techs or vendors
- Ensure service calls are closed properly and notify CSS to contact customer
- Meet with drivers, inspect trucks in accordance with DOT requirements, maintain driver paperwork, ensure the accuracy of driver payroll, and reconcile delivery and installation (D&I) report.
- Oversee third-party Value-Added Products & Services (VAPS) administration, including ordering, scheduling delivery, pickup and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Manage the ordering, receiving and stocking of materials and supplies
- Conduct monthly and biannual inventory stock counts
- Reconcile unit inventory on a quarterly basis.
- Strive for first call resolution to internal and external customer questions/requests
- Use Net Promoter System (NPS) feedback to provide timely correspondence and address internal issues
- Form and maintain good relationships with external and internal customers at all levels of the organization
Job experience & skills requirements
Abilities and Other Requirements:
To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and to move about the work environment to receive training/coaching as well as to interact with peers as necessary. The employee must be able to verbally communicate with employees, co-workers, and customers in person and by phone. Travel for training may be required. The ability to perform work in a professional office and shop environment and be able to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines, is required.
- Manage inbound calls and relevant branch email notifications
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with vendors and customers through open, proactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Provide backup support as needed for other Branch Operational roles
Education and Qualifications
- College Degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent considered with 3+ years relevant experience
- Proven customer support or customer service experience with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with team to support customer success
- Strong phone contact handling skills, active listening, excellent oral/written communication, negotiation and presentation skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong self-starter and team player, who brings a positive attitude to work and is enthusiastic about day to day activities and is able to form/maintain good relationships with external and internal customers
- Proficient with MS Office/Excel/Word/Outlook; familiarity with CRM system; Salesforce.com experience is a plus
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities. Passionate about understanding customers’ needs and working with customers in a consultative manner to meet and exceed their needs and expectations.
Compensation & Benefits Information
Compensation & Benefits Information:
Below are some of the many excellent benefits offered by Williams Scotsman:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Program with Company Match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance
Employee Referral Program Williams Scotsman, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.