Augean Robotics, Inc. is looking for a bilingual (Spanish/English) field technician, who can operate our robots
(see them at www.agrbt.com) in the field and communicate with the largely Spanish-speaking workforce that
utilizes our robots.
We are fast-growing, venture-backed company that provides robot-enabled solutions to the significant challenges
faced by today’s growers–chief among them rising wages and a shrinking workforce. Today, we are pilot testing
our launch product, Burro, with large growers of crops like table grapes, blueberries, and other hand-harvested
crops. Growers of these crops are using Burros as virtual conveyor belts, automating in-field transport and
enabling workers to focus on high-value tasks.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded, and interested in a part time/temporary role that if successful can
evolve into a full-time position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage/operate Burro robots in the field
- Communicate with teams of workers using Burros, to teach them how to use robots, and to understand issues
they have that Augean Robotics should address
- Consistently communicate with foremen on sites about farm activities, challenges, and innovative ways
Burros might be further utilized
We’re looking for:
- Completely bilingual in English and Spanish
- Interest in robotics and in being at the cutting edge of farm automation
- Received or in progress, Bachelor's Degree, preferably in engineering
- Experience in farming and familiarity with machinery
- Entrepreneurial and Self-motivated
- Ability to lift 60 lb.
Most work will be performed outdoors in a number of farms in Coachella California. Must be able to work
effectively in hot conditions. Hours will be 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
part time/temporary role that, if successful, can evolve into a full time position covering the San Joaquin
Valley, Southern California, and further across various growers.
Start date is be June 10th in Oasis, California at 7:00am, and you will be supporting our team for 2 weeks
(June 10th to June 21st). Afterwards, if things go well, we will look to work with you further in subsequent robot
To apply, or to learn more:
Send an email to email@example.com. Please include your resume and a few brief words on why you're