CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented News Associate to support the new NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money.
The News Associate will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Specific Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating digital content
- Collaborating with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos
- Helping grow the Make It brand and cultivating an engaged audience
- Contributing to multi-platform news coverage when needed
- Using social media to distribute and promote content
- Ability to perform and multi-task under pressure
- Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills
- Must be an idea-generating machine
- Ability to report and write in a polished, clear and accurate way in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner
- Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online
- Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.