Ban-Koe Systems is an established building automation systems and Human Resources software provider that is growing and has a great opportunity for someone with a background in customer facing technical support and software implementation. If you’re passionate about what you do, are highly organized, and enjoy working with business customers, we would like to connect with you about this important position.
Ban-Koe Systems is currently hiring an Implementation Specialist at our Bloomington, MN location. We are seeking motivated candidates who are comfortable working independently. In this role, you will manage professional technical implementations of various software solutions for Ban-Koe’s existing and new business customers. This includes communicating with the customer on all preparation and on-site requirements, setup, testing, and training. The Implementation Specialist is responsible for delivering successful, well-coordinated software and hardware implementations that meet targeted live dates.
This position serves and supports customer satisfaction and customer retention, specifically in the area of product utilization, ensuring that the client receives maximum value and benefit. By proactively communicating with customers regarding improvements in the utilization of products and services, the Implementation Specialist attempts to minimize future support needs. The Implementation Specialist is also responsible for serving as a knowledgeable resource to other business associates and customers in the areas of industry, best practices, and product usage.
IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Establish initial contact with new and existing customers to give an overview of the implementation process, and to evaluate installation, setup, training, and custom requirements.
- Manage customer-facing technical implementation projects, effectively working through established goals and dates.
- Assist in the collection of business requirements. Translate customer requirements into system configurations.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing implementation policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, particularly to facilitate company growth and product expansion.
- Work with software development, sales, global support, and management to provide input on the customizations and new product feature requests. Provide alternative solutions to technical challenges.
- Participate and provide feedback in the development of documentation, including product manuals, walkthroughs, and other reference materials.
- Lead presentations (online and in-person) to customers and reseller partners regarding products and services. Partner with sales on product demonstrations.
- Seek advice or assistance from Implementation Manager as required during difficult customer situations. Work with internal resources to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge by pursuing information and training on current and emerging services and products. Communicate relevant information with staff and management.
- Interact with customers and implementation team members frequently during the implementation phase via e-mail, one-on-one telephone calls, conference calls, on-line demonstrations, and in-person meetings. Ensure proper and consistent communication of implementation status.
- Accept responsibility and accountability for the work assigned, be able to manage self effectively.
- Show a commitment to teamwork, results orientation, good communication and interpersonal skills, and effective organization skills.
IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST SECONDARY FUNCTIONS:
- Report project outcomes, customer satisfaction, and customer concerns as well as project status, schedules, issues, resolutions, and completions to management.
- On-going product training, desire to explore new concepts at times with little direction.
- Manage additional special projects as assigned.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for managing the entire implementation process and developing strong customer relationships. Ensure continuing customer satisfaction and retention by partnering with internal departments and existing customers to coordinate technical support, resolve problems, and enhance service. This is a complex position requiring effective project management techniques, customer service, presentation and training skills; frequent external/internal contact with all levels of employees and business customers. Show ability to work collaboratively to maximize the collective strengths of the team through a creative process that drives change and improvement. Consistently look for innovative solutions to drive business results and continue culture of growth.
IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role, directly supporting end customers.
- Ability to learn technical material quickly and explain technical information.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to perform tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining organization and timely completion of projects.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Effective communication and professional presentation skills.
IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in technical software/hardware (electronics) industry.
- Experience troubleshooting software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced level of experience using Microsoft software products.
- Basic project management knowledge and experience.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Basic programming knowledge.
- Basic database administration (MS SQL)
Job Type: Full-time