- Management Experience
- Customer Service
- Microsoft Office
Senior Finance Compliance Analyst JobID: 49290
Position Type:Closing Date:
Location: Area: Job Category:
Hattie Mae White Bldg. Northwest Business Professionals
Job Code: Contract Type: Months:
30003073 None 12
Salary Minimum: Salary Maximum:
Senior Finance Compliance Analyst - FA0685
POSITION TITLE: Senior Finance Compliance Analyst
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12M
DATE OF LAST REVISION: 04/19/18
Job Code: FA0685
PAY GRADE: 30
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: E
Job Family – Finance & Accounting
Interacts with the Information Technology department to maintain and oversee HISD’s financial compliance activities related to segregation of duties (SAP GRC) and audit team interactions and performs analysis of business processes and specific finance projects. Partners with the finance team, business process owners, and IT specific positions to identify and implement solutions to internal control issues and access role violations while demonstrating the highest level of accountability in regard to financial data and workflow processes.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: List most important duties first
1. Facilitates the resolution of segregation of duties role conflicts and recommends solutions to mitigate potential violations.
2. Performs “What-If” analysis utilizing SAP GRC software for all user access provisioning pertaining to SAP ECC/SAP SRM/SAP HR Payroll. Coordinates with HISD’s Information Technology department in regard to the semi-annual user access recertification process for all finance related applications.
3. Evaluates the creation of new business rules in SAP GRC for all business process areas such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, and General Ledger.
4. Coordinates with HISD’s Information Technology audit readiness team in preparation and day to day compliance for external reviews. Develops policies and procedures pertaining to access roles and user controls in all finance related applications.
5. Establishes technical standards and requirements. Reviews current status of projects and collaborates to develop improvement solutions and systematic processes. Communicates standards of accountability and established goals.
6. Leads others in research and analysis developing creative, innovative solutions regarding all finance processes; suggests potential directions and new methodologies.
7. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Accounting information systems management experience directly involved with applications in regard to access, compliance, audits, user segregation of duties and security controls.
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
Microsoft Office, SAP, Primero experience preferred
Proficient customer service related skillset with enhanced communication techniques
Work Leadership. Regularly provides project management or team leadership to a group of two or more employees, but does not have formal supervisory responsibility. Leading and directing is restricted to monitoring work and providing guidance on escalated issues. Most of work time is spent performing many of the same duties they are leading.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT:
Work is substantially complex, varied and regularly requires the selection and application of technical and detailed guidelines. Independent judgment is required to identify, select, and apply the most appropriate methods as well as interpret precedent. Position regularly makes recommendations to management on areas of significance to the department. Supervision received typically consists of providing direction on the more complex projects and new job duties and priorities.
Participates in a group plan and/or budget development.
Decisions are made with greater freedom and discretion, including recommendations that are subject to approval on matters that may affect multiple departments across HISD. Job is frequently expected to recommend new solutions to problems, to improve existing methods/procedures/services and generate new ideas. May also review decisions made by other individuals on more routine matters.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
Decisions have considerable impact to multiple divisions or the organization causing risks or improvements to relationships, significant efficiencies or delays in operations, and/or significant financial gains or expenses. Errors are serious and difficult to discover, normally involve decisions not subject to detailed review and will result in excessive costs and /or significant project delays.
Collaborate and solve problems - works with others to resolve problems, clarify or interpret complex information/policies, and provide initial screening/negotiations without approval authority. Interactions are typically with customers, senior level professional staff, and managers.
Leads others in the resolution of highly sensitive and confidential issues on behalf of the department. Acts as a trusted advisor, and becomes involved in the customer’s decision making process, including presenting alternatives and information and applying persuasion and negotiation skills in the resolution of problems. Monitors customer service standards.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.