Senior AWS Systems Engineer – Denver, CO
Optomi, in partnership with an industry leader for industrial logistics real estate, is seeking a Senior AWS Systems Engineer for their downtown Denver, CO location. The ideal candidate will have a background in cloud computing-based services architecture.
Apply today if your background includes:
- Expertise in AWS platform configuration, maintenance, and support
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS, and Saas
- PowerShell Scripting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
In this role, you will architect, plan, implement, operate and document infrastructure related systems that align our business and IT objectives. The projects you will focus on will mostly be around Microsoft & Amazon Web Services core systems. Next to that, we require that you have a working knowledge of SaaS & IaaS solutions, VMWare, storage, Telco, and networking. To be successful in this role you will need strong communications skills with cross-functional teams, global team members, business units and IT management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides regular cross training to tier 2 and tier 1 team members.
- Promote standardization using existing ITIL based processes including Change Management to further the goals of the global department.
- Daily operational duties of monitoring and managing the ticket queue.
- Project delivery.
- Assists in the long-term roadmap development for the IT Infrastructure department.
- Document architecture and operations guide and system dependencies for major upgrades.
- Present project options to senior management.
- Developing communications, DR and improvement plans.
- Transition operational tasks to the operations team.
- Consider on premise, SaaS, IaaS or a hybrid approach
- Retire systems that are being replaced
- Create vendor scorecard
- Communicate project risk to IT management, PMO and project sponsor
- Provide IT recommendations to solve business problems
- Provide long-term upgrade planning to maintain software and hardware at stable supportable
- Manage technical projects using established project management methodologies.
- Serve as tier 3 support for, but not limited to, Active Directory core services, Lync, Exchange, Azure AD SSO, Windows Server (2012 & 2016), SQL Server 2014 & 2016, Azure, ASP.NET, IIS, etc.
- Support and promote the use of virtualization environments to reduce physical hardware
- Provide ongoing monitoring and response for systems using monitoring and alerting tools.
- Ensure supporting services are working appropriately (such as DHCP, DNS, data replication, etc.)
- Ensure ongoing compliance and assist in the renewal process for support, maintenance and licenses.
- Ensure ongoing disaster recovery capability.
- Second and/or third shift work could be required during incident resolution and major changes.
- On-call responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Microsoft clustering and Load Balancing (WNLB and F5’s).
- Recommend and implement global architectural upgrades and changes.
- Very customer focused. Presentations and explanation of technologies in various forums will be required.
- Generate and maintain accurate and timely documentation of the platform.
- Experience with following change management process.
- Experience with enterprise storage technologies
- Ability to work in technical environments that use AIX, Red Hat, Windows 2003-2016 and XP/Win7, VMWare, Cisco, Avaya, Polycom, and NetApp
- Experience with Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Domain, Cognito authentication services
- Expertise with Exchange ActiveSync, send\receive connectors, public folders, web services, CAS\Hub\Mailbox\Unified Messaging roles, email address policies, OAB, OWA, transport rules, address list, performance analysis, best practice analyzer, exmon, message tracking, and PowerShell scripting
- Expertise in designing, upgrading and administering a global Active Directory environment
- Experience with AD branch office design
- Expertise with ADFS, ILM, AD trust, forest\child domain architecture, AD Sites and Services, AD-integrated DNS, Public DNS, LDAP, DHCP, GPO, groups, AD permissions, AD delegation, and PowerShell scripting
- Expertise with AD tools (PowerShell, resource pack, AD administrative tools, PowerGUI, log parser, support tools, pstools, process explorer, account lockout, robocopy, etc.)
- Expertise with SSO solutions and SaaS email journaling
- Expertise with designing, upgrading, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Lync (IM, web conferencing, content sharing, video conferencing, audio conferencing, enterprise voice, Lync across devices)
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Microsoft clustering and Load Balancing (WNLB and F5’s)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- AWS: 6 years (Required)
- Microsoft PowerShell: 6 years (Required)
- IaaS, PaaS, and Saas: 6 years (Required)