- Manages the overall strategic direction of enterprise-wide Inventory Management processes and systems which includes: forecasting; budget planning and execution; product lifecycle management; and shipping forecasts.
- Develop inventory planning and control strategy to ensure effective supply chain and Logistics objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for cultivating strong supplier relationships, providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers, and consistently negotiating cost-effective contracts minimizing contract risk.
- Manage and own the vendor compliance program including inspection & accountability.
- Identifies and executes sourcing plans to meet cost saving targets in each spend category that yield measurable year-over-year reduction in cost of purchased goods and services.
- Responsible for the overall purchasing and replenishment of finished goods required to satisfy customer demand while maintaining efficient inventory levels.
- Solicit, receive and analyze proposals, quotations, and submissions and select suppliers in accordance with corporate policies and legal compliance.
- Maintain awareness of current market trends and conditions that may affect vendors and pricing other duties as assigned.
- Develops tools and systems that improve visibility of inventory stock position relative to sales forecast, production plan, and actual demand enabling effective use of resources.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in strategic sourcing and supplier management processes with a preferred emphasis in industrial products.
- Experience developing executive relationships; managing multiple simultaneously complex projects and developing key strategies around business objectives.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning, material management systems, and implementation is a plus.
Preferences: (Preferred attributes for the position, if any)
- Superior leadership and people management skills; superior communication skills
- Strategic thinker with strong planning skills
- A proven track record of building and developing strong supply chain organization and aligning internal resources with external customer expectations
- In-depth knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes & current best practices
- Strong business analysis skills combined with the ability to exercise sound judgment and initiative
- Rapidly establish efficient cross-functional working relationships with operations and business development teams and assume his/her leadership position.
- Actively manage and monitor the relationships with key Contract Manufacturers and their performance.
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices in terms of material management, outsourcing and manufacturer's performance monitoring in order to optimize quality and delivery time.
Who We Are
We've been around for awhile, and we believe our continued success is due to the basic principles of recognizing and rewarding superior performance for individuals and teams. We've seen this principle drive innovations and solutions to promote higher levels of productivity and customer service.
Our 70 year history of consistent success provides you with solid employment. We hire employees who are good at what they do and enjoy their work, and we offer a number of benefits and coverage for individuals, and families. Our corporate culture strives to maintain strong communication at all levels, professionalism in our work, and respect for our co-workers.
Systemax is the parent company of Industrial Products Group including Global Industrial, C & H, Avenue, Nexel, PFI, Industrial Supplies.com and other affiliate companies.
Global Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 10 years (Required)
- Inventory Management: 10 years (Required)
- Demand Planning: 10 years (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 10 years (Required)
- Forecasting: 10 years (Required)