Exela Technologies is looking to fill a Lobby Host (Receptionist) position to support our client, Microsoft, in Redmond, WA. This position will work onsite Monday - Friday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., 20 hours per week.
In addition to being organized and able to multitask, this role requires a go-getter with a positive attitude who is excited to work with the leading provider of innovative, cloud-based solutions in the document outsourcing industry.
So what will you actually be doing?
This isn’t just a job – it’s an adventure!
When you're at Microsoft, you’re at the center of technology’s most dynamic and world-renowned innovator! This role plays a critical part in creating an engaging and personal lobby experience, providing every guest with an exceptional feeling of brand awareness, excitement and world-class hospitality.
Your welcoming personality and drive for excellence help you deliver personalized, top-notch customer service, whether it be going above and beyond for a guest, anticipating a guest’s needs or simply greeting them by name with a smile. .You have the ability to make a positive impact on every person who comes through your lobby, setting the stage for the creativity and innovation that Microsoft is known for.
If you would like to be part of a great team that adds value and makes a difference in people’s lives each day, let’s talk. Your career as a Exela Host at Microsoft is about to begin!
A Lobby Host’s daily tasks will involve being a:
- Guest Relations Expert: friendly and professional; warm, engaging, approachable; an astute listener and problem solver; poised, self-confident, and possessing impeccable accountability
- Takes total ownership of fulfilling Microsoft guest needs, altruistic
- Quickly and effectively resolves guest concerns
- Provides local event & attraction recommendations
- Interactive, outgoing and sociable with guests, clients and customers
- Technology Enthusiast: up-to-date on emerging technical trends; consistently uses technology to enhance own life experiences; committed to progressing technical skills. Hosts use a variety of proprietary computer systems to:
- Register visitors and vehicles on the Microsoft campus
- Book, schedule meetings and events in a complex, fast paced environment
- Execute internal Outlook correspondence
- Keep statistical data on services provided
- Innovator: keen eye for quality enhancements; thinks outside the box; eager to pioneer new ideas; takes initiative to bring about change
- Effectively manages multiple tasks/projects in high-paced environment
- Proactively seeks growth cross-training opportunities to expand impact & value
- Self-directed and intrinsically motivated
- Seeks out customer-focused service opportunities
- Resource: personally familiar with the Microsoft campus and Greater Seattle visitor points of interest; creative in serving guest’s needs; develops strong partnerships for mutual benefit
- Possesses thorough knowledge of buildings, events, and logistics
- Builds strong internal partnerships to meet business needs
- Adheres to business practice guidelines and policies, and safety practices
OK, I'm interested... But is it really the job for me?
You need amazing people skills, patience, and the ability to multi-task to be good at this job. Other aspects of your background will include:
- Minimum 1-year experience in high-standard service delivery: hospitality, concierge, resort staff, or similar
- Minimum 1-year in key office admin role assisting in the coordination of projects and special events
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Excellent attendance and timeliness record, with ability to conform to attendance standards
- Possesses strong oral, written and listening skills with fluency in English; knowledge of additional languages is a plus
- Must have a natural attraction to technology and incorporate it into daily life. High proficiency in Microsoft Office; solid experience with a variety of technology hardware (phones, tablets, PCs)
- Physical requirements (with or without accommodations) include: ability to stand for 4-6 hours per day, move from building to building, embark/disembark a shuttle vehicle, walk up to 1 mile per day, occasionally lift 40 pounds; bend, reach, squat, and perform the necessary job functions
- Must have availability to attend 2-3 employee evening meetings during the calendar year
Job Type: Part-time