DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES
TRANSFER JOB OPPORTUNITY
EXAM #: TRCH2096-18-21
*DO NOT FILE APPLICATION ONLINE*
The Children's Services Administrator III (CSA III) is seeking a highly qualified individual to assume responsibility as Secretary III at the DCFS Out-of-Home Care Investigations Section.
Essential Job Functions
The candidate will provide secretarial support to the OHCIS CSA III. The Secretary replies to correspondence with or without dictation, screens office visitors and telephone calls, furnishes requested information, refers calls, makes appointments, and arranges conferences and meetings for the CSA III. The selected employee will act as an intermediary between the CSA III & other section managers/staff.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must currently hold the payroll title of Secretary III.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Proficient in the use of computer systems such as CWS/CMS, Microsoft Word, eCAPS, Outlook, DACS, Internet, Intranet, Power Point and Access.
- Ability to work independently, effectively prioritize, follow instructions and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Ability to handle direct high profile assignments; the ability to speak Spanish is desirable.
All materials submitted by the employee will be evaluated. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Submission of interest does not guarantee an interview. The interview process will be used to determine the final employee selection.
Individuals interested in transferring should submit a cover letter with EMPLOYEE NUMBER
, resume, copies of their last two performance evaluations, their time sheets for the past 12 months and a writing sample. The cover letter and resume should clearly outline how the employee meets the requirements and desirable qualifications.
REQUESTED MATERIALS SHOULD BE MAILED OR EMAILED TO:
Department of Children and Family Services
20151 Nordhoff Street
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Attn: Nancy A. Billin, Section Manager