Canon has a full time/permanent opportunity for a Traveling Mail Clerk position supporting several of our client sites in the Dulles (home base), Ashland, Chantilly, Reston and Herndon, VA areas. We are seeking self motivated individuals who have prior office service and/or mailroom experience.
This position offers long term opportunity and comprehensive benefits package!
- Insures total customer (internal & external) satisfaction through understanding of customer expectations, proactive problem identification/resolution, and maximizing opportunities to build relationships.
- Receive, sort, and deliver all incoming mail & packages according to assigned floors and within established time frames. Wrap, seal, weigh, affix postage and dispatch all outgoing mail/packages in accordance with postal regulations.
- Prepare special outgoing inter-office pouches sent to client affiliates as scheduled (if applicable).
- Package and process outgoing overnight items, i.e. Federal Express, UPS, etc., to meet client and vendor deadlines. Log and deliver incoming overnight packages within established time frames.
- Log outgoing and incoming items as required and review for accuracy/completeness.
- Organize and distribute supplies to client. Verify and log orders upon delivery.
Monitor inventory of copy supplies, stock paper and toner and keep supply area neat (inclusive of convenience copiers). Handle items for distribution to a segment of or all of client employees, affiliates, dealers, etc.
- Estimate runtime on the small to medium photocopy jobs. Check all copies produced for quality and accuracy. Produce bound copies of work when requested. Deliver and pick up copy jobs.
- May provide minor maintenance of photocopy machine such as solving paper jams, placing service calls and routine cleanings.
- Operate facsimile machines; send and receive facsimiles. Keep complete and accurate logs of incoming and outgoing facsimiles. Where appropriate, generate activity and confirmation reports, and call the receiver to confirm receipt as necessary.
- Perform other administrative duties from inserting, copying and photocopying to faxing as needed.
- Due to changing technology in office automation, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of copying machines, faxes, scanning, shipping equipment as introduced at the site.
Job Type: Full-time
- mailroom: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- valid drivers license (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Parental leave
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift