Join the Stern Family!
Are you passionate about leading people, process improvement, and productivity? Do you have a thorough understanding of distribution management, inventory, and general warehousing? Would you like to be a part of a successful family-owned business that has proudly served the Arizona community for 100 years, where fun still happens, and people still MATTER? Then join our team as our NIGHT WAREHOUSE MANGER.
Medical Benefits - Dental Benefits - Vision Benefits - 401k - Life Insurance - Vacation Time
We are seeking a NIGHT WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR to help our Night Warehouse Manager to run the day-to-day operation of our produce warehouse. Our warehouse supervisors are essential to fulfilling our mission of delivering a first-class customer experience and supplying the freshest fruits, vegetables, specialty food products, and meats to our clients. This leader is accountable for all facets of the evening & overnight warehouse processes, as well as motivating and developing the staff members within their department to maintain an efficient & profitable operating unit.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, & Competencies:
Proven track record of success in the following:
- Delivering & maximizing results
- Problem solving & decision making
- Communication & Listening
- Teambuilding & fostering a positive winning culture
- Project management and multi-tasking
- Driving positive change
- Being customer-focused at all times
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Train & supervise night warehouse personnel
- Manage night warehouse achievement based compensation program
- Develop and implement plans/schedules to efficiently utilize manpower to increase productivity levels.
- Responsible for ensuring that all warehouse personnel adhere to safety protocols and company policies.
- Continually review warehouse procedures, modifying and revising operations to create a more efficient and productive operation.
- Prepare productivity and manpower reports for senior leadership as needed.
- Communicate daily with Site Lead regarding day warehouse responsibilities.
- Responsible for hiring, training, managing and instructing the night warehouse staff.
- Responsible for applying progressive discipline process within the operating units, through department managers and supervisors with the guidance of HR.
- Assist employees, if short staffed, drive forklift, ship trucks, load trucks, pull orders and clean the warehouse.
- Ensure that operating expenses are kept at a minimum (i.e. overtime, etc.)
- Review the inventory and manage all facets of inventory.
- Assist transportation as need with routing and stop sequencing to best meet customer delivery windows while ensuring minimal fleet expense is incurred.
- Communicate to the sales, purchasing, and operations departments any customer-related issues and offer solutions
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of power equipment, including battery charging, pre/post shift inspections etc.
- Responsible for creating daily transfers to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Responsible for managing all facets of quality assurance to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Responsible for food safety coordination.
- Responsible for clean up at the end of the shift (entire warehouse).
- Communicate with the oncoming manager all information necessary to make a smooth change of shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by COO and Distribution Manager.
- 3-5 years minimum warehouse operations management experience in a mid-size facility.
- Extensive working knowledge of shipping, receiving, fleet, security, and maintenance management.
- Understanding of budget preparation, operational efficiency metrics, and performance data management.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays (as needed).
- Ability to move 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 80 lbs. occasionally.
- Frequent bending, stooping and pulling.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Military experience
- Secondary education in appropriate discipline.
- Basic knowledge of produce.
- Fluent Spanish speaker.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- military leadership or warehouse leadership: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Phoenix, AZ 85040 (Preferred)