B-Stock Solutions is a technology provider, powering the largest network of B2B liquidation marketplaces. Our award-winning platform connects customer returns and overstock inventory from retailers and manufacturers directly to qualified business buyers through customized, private-label online auction marketplaces. A full list of marketplaces, an outline of solutions, and further company information is available at bstock.com
B-Stock is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to help us build great software that will help us fuel our growth. You will work with other developers, product and project managers throughout the software development life cycle. In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem solving skills.
If you have experience working in various languages (e.g. Node.js, PHP, and/or Python), we’d like to meet you. You will be part of a team working on proven modern technologies like, micro services, kafka, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and many others. You will learn how to design, build, and maintain hardened and resilient micro services. Your goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve our customers and internal business units.
- Work with peers to design and develop software solutions.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Integrate with third-party services and components.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade existing software.
- Write various tests (e.g. unit, integration, performance) to ensure scalable service code.
- Recommend and execute improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Code using test-driven development (TDD).
- Offer technical support for new and existing services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 1+ year coding enterprise web applications
- Understanding of architectural principals and experience building and using enterprise frameworks (at least one framework).
- Good working knowledge of PHP language.
- Experience designing Relational Database solutions, familiar with MySQL.
- Experience working on WebServices (SOAP, REST, JSON).
- Able to work effectively in a distributed team environment.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Work effectively in a distributed team environment.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with building RESTful API’s.
- Experience with micro services architecture.
- Experience with source control systems (e.g. Git)
- Experience with Node.js (Express.js framework).
- Experience with Magento e-commerce platform.
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Experience with MySQL.
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience with Python.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time