Executive Director Position
Ryan Bartel Foundation's Mission is to prevent youth suicide through awareness, upstream educational programs and activities that support and empower youth, families and the community at-large through acceptance, connection, resiliency and hope.
We are seeking an experienced Executive Director who has the passion and vision to take us to the next stage of our growth.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Ryan Bartel Foundation (RBF). The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising/grant writing, marketing, verbal and written communications and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission:
- Responsible for leading RBF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s vision and mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Works closely with the Board to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the region. * Financial Performance and Viability:
Develops resources sufficient to ensure the ongoing financial health of the organization:
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of RBF, including preparation and submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly/quarterly accrued financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource efficiency and utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support RBF’s mission.
- Ability to effectively source, retain and write current and new grants that communicate RBF’s programs and goals, as well as the ability to accomplish the financial and performance analysis required for timely reporting.
- Oversees the development plan and ensures it is carried out to meet the organization’s goals.
- Creates all fundraising events, planning sponsorship levels and overall operations and marketing efforts that ensure the event’s success
- Organization Mission and Strategy:
Works with the board and staff to ensure RBF’s mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach:
- Responsible for implementation of RBF’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission, including but not limited to the FORT, Sources of Strength training and implementation (within the Loudoun County Public School [“LCPS”] system, the wider community and among other organizations), supporting We’re All Human/Sources of Strength groups within LCPS and administering the Acceptance of Others Scholarship.
- Monitoring and developing means for accurately measuring the effectiveness and cost of RBF programs.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that RBF can successfully fulfill its mission into the future and documenting it.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing RBF’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, non-profit, civic and private organizations, utilizing those relationships to strategically enhance RBF’s Mission. * Organization Operations:
Organizes, oversees and administers appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization:
- Responsible for effective administration of RBF operations.
- Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the foundation.
- Administration of payroll, benefits, and human resources policies.
- Plans, creates and implements marketing and other communications efforts.
- Responsible for the hiring, supervision and retention of competent, qualified voluntary and compensated staff.
- Responsible for negotiating all agreements and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization.
- Ensuring compliance with grant and other funding criteria.
Professional & Personal Qualifications:
The ED will be thoroughly committed to RBF’s mission, with unlimited drive, dedication and demonstrated warmth and empathy for young people going through mental health and wellness challenges.
All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, communication and relationship management experience.
- At a minimum a Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Masters’ degree or equivalent of 5-10 years senior management experience, preferably in a non-profit
- Commitment to results; a 'can-do" mindset with emphasis on accountability
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Entrepreneurial, action oriented, innovative approach to business planning
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, task facilitation and execution
- Ability to convey a vision of RBF’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Other Job Responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required