Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
SummaryResponsible for the design, implementation, operational support of the Xfinity Mobile internet protocol network. Provides expert-level technical advice and support for real time analysis, design, testing, and operations of internet protocol router/load balancer networks, etc. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Provides technical leadership and directions as a primary technical resource on internet protocol network technologies.
- Analyzes internet protocol network design and traffic flows for network optimization.
- Configures network to efficiently distribute customer traffic.
- Building monitoring capabilities to detect application performance anomalies using netflow.
- Analyzes traffic engineering data to forecast network capacity requirements.
- Follows engineering design life cycle with proper documentation ensuring that all detailed designs adhere to network standards.
- Develops test and acceptance criteria for internet protocol networks.
- Provides technical support for internet protocol network problems.
- Provides technical training to technicians and other operations/engineering groups on current and future technology.
- Builds and maintains ongoing relationships with the regions and local markets.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education LevelBachelor's Degree or EquivalentField of StudyEngineering, Computer ScienceYears of ExperienceGenerally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer