GTL is currently seeking a Director, Corporate Communications to join our Marketing Team. The Director will develop and execute a proactive, integrated communications strategy in support of the Company’s goals and objectives while playing a critical role in enhancing brand positioning. The selected individual will establish and drive the strategic direction for all communications programs across the company to meet overall marketing and business initiatives. The Director will work to protect and enhance the Company's internal and external reputation and will provide strategic communications direction to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership. Responsibilities will include: leading all standard corporate communications efforts, managing all media relations, news releases, and creating and managing a prepared and effective crisis communications program. Additionally, the Director will own and manage the Speakers Bureau, as well as public relations firm relationships, crisis communications and reputational management.
- Collaborate with the executive team, outside agencies and other stakeholders to develop and manage strategic internal and external communications plans, executive communications, media relations and corporate crisis communications.
- Serve as the day-to-day lead on GTL’s corporate reputation activities, including media relations, corporate positioning and industry relations.
- Draft communications materials for internal and external stakeholders, including news releases, Q&A documents, talking points/scripts, messaging platforms, interview briefs, corporate statements and announcements, bios, FAQs, etc.
- Develop executive communications, speeches, and presentations.
- Ensure materials are up to date, including corporate messaging, online news room, etc.
- Manage media research, outreach and interview requests.
- Partner with cross-enterprise stakeholders on corporate storytelling to ensure consistency of message.
- Leads a prepared and effective incident communications program.
- Initiate, maintain, build and strengthen relationships with key contacts in media and industry insiders through communications programs that create measurable value for the business, protect and enhance our brand, engage and influence stakeholders, and prevent and remove barriers.
- Provide subject matter expertise, content and input to executive leadership as well as provide support and guidance for managing crisis response.
- Execute rapid response communications strategies, adjusting priorities to manage new and emerging issues and situations both internal and external to the organization.
- Proactively conducts analyses of issues/problems that might impact the Company and develops and executes proactive and reactive plans for issues management.
- Partner with Human Resources to participate in the NPS initiative for the Company.
- Participate in developing the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility program.
- Play a key role in advancing the brand initiative as part of an internal and external revitalization effort.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or Marketing related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years corporate communications experience, preferably in the technology industry and with exposure to complex external stakeholder or regulatory environment. Serving as the corporate communications expert in a highly regulated and competitive business setting is a key differentiator for the successful incumbent.
- Minimum of 5 years leading and/or managing teams.
- Experience working with all types of publications: From agenda-based; to trade-publications; to local, regional and national outlets.
- Direct experience in crisis communications, copywriting and online platforms.
- Exceptional written communication skills tailored for specific purposes, such as news releases, executive speeches and presentations, interviews, video scripts, and articles.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate business objectives into integrated communication strategies and tactics that drive business performance and internal culture
- Innovative thinker, problem-solver and communicator especially regarding utilizing new media technologies – must be very knowledgeable about social media.
- Ability to collaborate with executive leadership to address crisis communications
- Ability to influence through strong interpersonal, diplomatic and persuasive skills to assist groups in achieving consensus and buy-in.
- Experience in brand reputation management.
- Strong, polished presentation skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Proficiency with public relations research/tracking software, social media platforms, and basic HTML
- Experience working in government contracting and politics is desired.
GTL & Telmate. Two technology leaders, one powerful opportunity.
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates. With the recent acquisition of Telmate, GTL has strengthened its suite of solutions for the corrections industry and expanded its community corrections portfolio with Telmate Guardian, a smartphone-based GPS monitoring solution. As a trusted industry leader, GTL provides services to over 2 million inmates in more than 2,500 correctional facilities in the United States and Canada, including 33 U.S. departments of corrections, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and many large city/county/provincial facilities.
GTL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- media relations: 10 years (Required)
- Crisis communications: 10 years (Required)
- Management/Leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
- Marketing Communications: 10 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)