Click on "" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of security activities for the Special Security Office.
- Assists in the administration of varied security programs for the organization.
- Assists in the administration of the Information Security Program
- Assists in the implementing of established security policies, practices, procedures and texhniques to a variety of organizations or situations that differ in kind and level of security, complexity, and local conditions or circumstances.
- Reviews and updates Fixed Facility Checklist for Sensitive Compartmented lnfurmation (SCI}, request Temporary Secure Working Areas (TSWA) pennits, provides input as requested for the establishment of temporary SCI facilities (SCIF) s.
- Implements and administers the personnel security program. Coordinates with MAJCOM security officials to ensure all unit personnel hold appropriate accesses. Provides indoctrination and debriefing and inputs personnel data
- Maintains prescribed tiles and records pertinent to contractor personnel and facility clearances. Inputs personnel data into the proper clearance database as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
0086 Security Clerical and Assistance
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
- This position is designated Critical Sensitive and the employee must possess a Top Secret security clearance and be granted access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and other special access programs based on SSBI
- PCS expenses will NOT be paid
- Recruitment incentives may be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- This position is an Air Force Testing Designated Position (TDP). The employee may be subject to random drug testing.
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume must reflect the quality level of experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Examples of creditable experience include:Knowledge of and experience with AF and DoD security regulations, instructions, practices, and procedures related to force protection, physical, and personnel security processes and procedures. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs ): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of commonly applied security principles, concepts, and methodologies in carrying out information, personnel, and industrial security programs for the organization.
- Knowledge of the methods of performing such duties as conducting interviews, collecting and analyzing information, etc. and skill in weighing the impact of variables such as critical personnel qualifications, variations in building construction characteristics, access and entry restrictions, equipment availability, and other issues that influence the course of actions taken in resolving security questions and issues.
- Knowledge of security classification methods, concepts, and eligibility for access to classified or sensitive information to review plans for proposed or new projects, org.anizaqtions, and/or missions to assure the presence of adequate planning for information security and other controls.
- Ability to plan and carry out reviews of unit or contractor security programs, analyze and evaluate reports, and conditions to recommend remedial actions.
- Knowledge of security incident handling policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer program and data entry for various applications. Good awareness and general understanding of current national policies and procedures applicable to developments in security, CEOMSEC, and OPSEC programs.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE : Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION : Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here .
Selectees who physically reside permanently in the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during the entire recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) and selected for employment in the foreign area are eligible to receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, Post Allowance, Home Leave, etc. (subject to approval)
Selectees who physically reside outside the U.S., the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or Northern Mariana Islands, and the Possessions of the U.S., during any step of the recruitment process (application, selection, and acceptance of a formal job offer) will have foreign area benefits eligibility be determined on a case by case basis.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application for this Public Notice:
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Resume - must include beginning and ending month and year for each employment period
- Transcripts - if you are basing your qualifications on education or if the position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts
- Registration/License - active, current registration/license if applicable for the position
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education .
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.