Thriving Bankruptcy Firm is in need of a talented and capable paralegal/assistant. Preference will be given to those with more experience. You will be given a lot of responsibility in this role, so a good applicant will be confident, a self starter, intelligent, able to problem solve and works well in a team environment.
A talented individual that can excel in the position will be offered:
1) Monthly bonuses
2) Benefits including dental and vision insurance
3) paid time off
4) a challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Opening new files and collecting documents necessary to file cases.
- Filing cases, both chapter 7 and 13. Adversary work, filing motions, interacting with Trustees and judicial assistants.
- Create new client payment plans, keep track of payments, be able interact with a sophisticated payment processing system.
- Maintain contact with clients on a regular basis and be able to deal with clients going through a difficult time in their life
- Receive phone calls and effectively communicate with clients.
- Prep clients for hearings
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to work well in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent people skills as the position requires a great deal of client contact
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be able to prioritize work and work well under pressure
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word and legal software, experience WITH FIRST DATA WOULD BE PREFERRED.
Experience in the legal profession will prioritize your application. SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER
Job Type: Full-time