*****Eligible for up to a $500 Hiring Bonus*****
The Holiday Inn & Wildwoods Waterpark in Elk River, MN is seeking Certified Lifeguards for its 30,000SF indoor waterpark.
You are responsible for providing a safe recreational environment for guests of the hotel and their families by ensuring guests follow all rules and regulations. You will supervise guests within the Waterpark in the attempt to prevent accidents and when accident prevention fails, to initiate emergency procedures and respond appropriately.
- Enforce all rules and regulations
- Provide needed supervision to prevent accidents.
- Initiate emergency procedures if accident prevention fails.
- Administer proper first aid.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of issued equipment.
- Keep the aquatics area free of dangerous objects and substances.
- Immediately report needed repairs to the Head Lifeguard or Aquatics Director.
- Serve in a public information/relations capacity.
- Present a favorable, professional public image.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Head Lifeguard or Aquatics Director. Duties may include, but are not limited to, general housekeeping, general maintenance (where appropriate,) inspection of rescue equipment and aquatic features within the park, as well as various other tasks.
- Perform alert, preventative lifeguarding (as outlined in lifeguard training.)
- Assist in the opening, closing, and operating of the facility as directed by management.
- Report all suspicious persons/activities or hazardous conditions to the Head Lifeguard, Aquatics Director, and/or Manager On Duty.
- Turn in all items found in associate's working area to Hotel Lost and Found department.
- Other duties assigned.
* Position Requirements:
- Must be 16 years or older
- Current Lifeguard / First Aid Certification
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill, and ability.
- Must have good interpersonal skills as related to interacting with and assisting guests and patrons.
- Ability to supervise activities of others, give direction, and enforce rules and regulations.
- Basic understanding of the English language in relation to reading, writing and communicating with guests and fellow associates.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and be able to make sound decisions independently.
- Must have the ability to work alone or in coordination with other team members to supervise activity in the facility, enforce all rules and regulations, and appropriately respond to any emergency situations.
Job Type: Part-time - Up to a $500 Hiring Bonus
Job Type: Part-time
- Lifeguard Training (Required)
- First Aid Certification (Required)