Great Pay - $60 - $70ph
Recreation Therapists are needed at The Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency (CSOSA). CSOSA’s mission is to increase public safety, prevent crime, reduce recidivism, and support the fair administration of justice in close collaboration with the community through the supervision of all probationers, parolees, and supervised releases held under the authority of any United States or District of Columbia statute, or any other lawful authority entrusted to the District of Columbia.
Recreation Therapist will provide residents with the ability to practice and learn therapeutic recreation techniques, skills, and activities they can utilize on their own to improve or maintain physical, cognitive, and social functioning capabilities that will assist them in dealing with re-entry barriers that are common to RSC residents.
The Therapist shall provide three sessions per RSC unit, for a total of 12 sessions per week (there are 4 RSC units), during the hours of 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM, Monday through Friday. You will work four (4) hour shifts between the hours of 9:00AM and 9:00PM. CHOOSE THE SHIFTS YOU WANT TO WORK.
Each group session will include between 10 to 12 participants; shall include 50 minutes of direct group facilitation and require approximately 10 minutes of administrative time per session to fulfill the reporting requirement. As such a group session will require approximately 70 minutes of total time from start to finish.
Each therapeutic recreation group session shall have a clearly stated objective and goal(s). Therapeutic recreation group sessions may include, but are not limited to:
- Stretching and muscle-limbering exercises
- Instruction in relaxation techniques designed to reduce stress and tension
- Education on proper body mechanics to avoid injury and muscle fatigue
- Arts and Crafts
· Current certification from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation
Certification (NCTRC) as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
- At least three calendar years of verifiable work experience as a certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS); or
- A minimum of two years of verifiable work experience as a certified Therapeutic
Recreation Specialist (CTRS) working in either a residential treatment, community corrections, re-entry, or correctional facility; public health clinic, or federally qualified health center (Preferred)
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
All Contractor staff assigned to this task order who facilitate group sessions will be subject to pre-employment, random, and reasonable suspicion drug tests.
WHO WE ARE
WJM Professional Services provides Medical, nursing, and ancillary professionals to the Department of Defense and other government agencies. We also provide administrative professionals, program management, and credentialing services to government contractors and government agencies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $60.00 - $70.00 per hour
- Afternoon shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- NCTR Certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist. (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Three years' experience as a certified CTRS (Preferred)
- residential treatment, community corrections, public health (Preferred)
Work Location: In person