Information Assurance/Security Specialist - Entry:
Quasars, Inc. is currently seeking entry level Information Assurance/Security Specialists to work on a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) contract in the DC Metro area.
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) leads the national effort to defendcritical infrastructure against the threats of today, while working with partners across all levels of government and in the private sector to secureagainst the evolving risks of tomorrow. The CISA Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C) works collaboratively with public, private, and international entities to secure cyberspace and America’s cyber assets. CS&C established the Network Security Deployment (NSD) division to serve as the cybersecurity engineering and acquisition "Center of Excellence" not only within CS&C and CISA, but for the entire DHS organization. NSD's mission is to improve cybersecurity for the federal civilian government and other partners by facilitating the integration of various cybersecurity technologies, products, and services.
NSD’s mission is to improve cybersecurity to federal departments, agencies, and partners by developing the technologies and establishing the services needed to fulfill CS&C’s cybersecurity mission. To meet that mission need, NSD designs, develops, deploys, and sustains cyber related capabilities. NSD conducts the following activities:
- Performs strategic planning for the NCPS CDM, and ECS programs, as well as any other programs that come into NSD.
- Investigates technologies, processes, concepts, end items, or system demonstrations, based on cyber needs, used to support the computer network defense missions of both CDM, ECS, and NCPS.
- Plans for future technical road maps for NSD programs.
- Develops capabilities that support the DHS cyber mission at multiple levels through the use of technology demonstration, integration of existing solutions, and development of new tactics to employ solutions.
- Harnesses current and emerging technologies to provide immediate solutions to the urgent challenges of CS&C’s cyber mission.
- Serves as the Program Management Office for the NCPS, ECS, and CDM programs.
- Operates and maintains NCPS, the federal dashboard of the CDM Program and ECS Program work by sharing sensitive and classified cyber threat information with accredited Commercial Service Providers (CSPs)
General Job Description:
These positions support the Government in developing and maintaining an understanding of Federal and Department security requirements to facilitate the decision making process during the early design stages of capability development and throughout the system lifecycle. These positions provide information assurance support including, but not limited to:
- System security artifact creation and review efforts
- Data security
- Security architecture
- Security engineering testing and risk management to ensure compliance with NSD, DHS and NIST guidance
- Incorporating new/emerging security requirements and considerations from new compliance areas as well as emerging threats
- Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures
- Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based on the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies
- Applies know-how to Government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development lifecycle
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure
- Sterling, VA
- Rockville, MD
- Applicable security certification (i.e., Security+, SSCP, CISSP)
- 1 - 4 years of experience
- Secret clearance is required
- DHS Headquarter vetting (badge or active suitability) preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- cyber security: 1 year (Required)
- Active secret or higher clearance (Required)
- DHS Headquarters badge (active DHS suitability) (Preferred)
- Security+, SSCP, CISSP, CASP, CAP, or CEH (Required)