Heavy Weight Transport, Inc. – we are a growing transportation company currently servicing port operations in NY, NJ, CA, GA, SC and TX. We specialize in the handling of heavy weight containerized cargo, with 250 drivers and 1000 company owned tri-axle chassis on the road each day. As our national footprint continues to develop, our organization is looking to add new team members that complement our company culture and share the same passion for growth and success.
Fleet Coordinator, Savannah, GA & Charleston, SC – Determine and communicate the repairs needed for Company Fleet in order to maintain the Company fleet for maximum equipment life and minimal downtime. Coordinate, prioritize and schedule fleet repairs and inform customers of the progress of the work. Responsible for ensuring all assets and equipment at our Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC location are fully compliant with FMSCSA/DOT regulations. Safe operations daily are the priority, while maintaining clear and supportive communication with all staff members, vendors and customers alike. A keen focus on equipment coordination, record keeping, and data management is an absolute necessity for this position.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Organizing and coordinating on a company spreadsheet telematics equipment by identifying all devices and their corresponding asset
· Work with Safety Coordinator to ensure all driver’s and equipment are properly vetted and actively in compliance with the DOT regulations.
· A strong mechanical understanding of Class 8 tractors, container chassis and trailers
· The ability to identify equipment maintenance and repairs as required
· Work closely with contract mechanics to ensure fleet is being repaired in the most effective way
· Determine the scope of the repair or maintenance work needed to be done, prioritize the work repair orders and communicate the information to the department manager
Job Type: Full-time