We are looking for a team member to join our team in support of our Community Support team. As a Program Manager within the Ring/Amazon Devices organization, you will be responsible for identifying, scoping, and delivering a large end to end project comprised of Ring’s Home Security products, cloud-services, mobile applications & web portals. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive of and design innovative consumer products. You will be comfortable working across time zones and through ambiguity. You thrive through building consensus and driving teams towards results. You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess proven program management skills, demonstrate experience leading medium to large products and projects. You are expected to be versatile and able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. You are not hindered by managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written as well as verbally) across the org and up to senior leadership.
You are curious, creative, goal-oriented and excited to serve in support of other internal team members.
- Support Community Support projects and initiatives that improve the quality of our help, decrease costs, and drive customer satisfaction
- Work with remote and multi-site teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control
- Create and maintain program information (risks, issues, resources, schedules, tasks, budgets)
- Identify business and technical impacts of user requirements
- Be expected to dive deep into the technical details of the program
- Stand with & defend your convictions as well as accept others’ point of views when needed
- Must be able & willing to travel occasionally
- Conduct post-deployment analysis to measure its success, and present learnings to internal teams to help inform future business decisions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the Community Support team, engineering, QA, Product, Marketing, and other teams to coordinate and manage all ongoing and upcoming initiatives
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in consulting/program/project management in a quantitative environment
- Experience with rigorous Consulting and Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Experience with analytical tools
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule and deploy new analytics/dashboards
- Experience prioritizing and analyzing cost/benefit of various analytics requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills engaging technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or advanced technical degree
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
- Prior history in management consulting, productization, and deployment of technology products
- Prior experience as a software developer
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam, Ring Floodlight Cam, and the new Alarm Security systems. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation