*PLEASE READ before applying. REQUIRES ENLISTMENT INTO THE ARMY RESERVE
*AGE 17-34 only, must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
*MUST HAVE High School diploma or GED
*TRANSFERABILITY to Civilian Work
*SUPPLY LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
The unit supply specialist is primarily responsible for supervising or performing tasks involving the general upkeep and maintenance of all Army supplies and equipment.
· Receive, inspect, inventory, load/unload, store, issue and deliver supplies and equipment
· Maintain automated supply system for accounting of organizational and installation supplies and equipment
· Issue and receive small arms. Secure and control weapons and ammunition in security areas
· Schedule and perform preventive and organizational maintenance on weapons
· Operate unit level computers
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
Job training for a unit supply specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in handling and storing stock.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
· Procedures for shipping, receiving, storing and issuing stock
· Stock control and accounting procedures
· Procedures for handling medical and food supplies
· Movement, storage and maintenance of ammunition
· Interest in mathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business administration and/or typing
· Ability to keep accurate records
· Enjoy physical work
· Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment
Required ASVAB Score(s)
Clerical (CL): 90
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you’ll learn will help prepare you for a career as a stock control clerk, parts clerk or storekeeper with factories, repair shops, department stores and government warehouses and stockrooms.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
· AT&T, Inc.
· Hewlett-Packard Company
· Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
· Sears Holdings Corporation
· Time Customer Service, Inc.
· Walgreen Co.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Company Describes Its Culture as: