Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Overseeing a team of administrative assistants.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers on a consistent basis and following company policy and procedures, including all documentation/data input and mailing duties as required by community manager or supervisor; transcription of manager's meeting minutes upon request.
- Prepare, proofread and process association mailings, as drafted by and per instructions from community manager.
- Assist in the preparation of all annual membership meetings.
- Ensure that copies of all correspondence, management reports, annual meeting minutes, newsletters and other pertinent documentation are distributed according to departmental/company procedure.
- Respond to calls and emails within 24 hours, using company's proprietary database to note calls and send emails.
- Daily use of company's proprietary database per department protocol and ensure the following activities and/or documents are entered and uploaded into company's proprietary database, including: current board member lists, terms and board dates for community calendar and notes log, mass email and voicemail communications, upload all correspondence, monthly and weekly management reports, meeting minutes, monthly financials, newsletters, returned mail, homeowner calls, community alerts and other documentation.
- Initiate procedure for architectural submittals from homeowners and update/maintain architectural logs in company's proprietary database and pertinent information as per departmental policy.
- Enter and process work orders for maintenance requests from homeowners such as roof leaks, pool and sprinkler problems, etc.
- Assist in follow-up on the status of work orders to ensure timely resolution and closure upon notification by vendor or community manager.
- Manage community and amenity access including acceptance/transmittal of fees and distribution of gate transmitters, pool keys and other equipment to homeowners as required by each community's policy.
- Participate in the fee waiver process as directed by the community manager.
- Meet with inquiring homeowners in lobby as may be appropriate.
- Attend meetings as required by VP or supervisor for training and education of company directives and to understand the role of a community coordinator.
- Perform tasks as directed by supervisor or community manager.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
- Oversee a team of administrative assistants
- Responsible for conducting performance reviews
- Disciplinary meetings as needed
- Approve timecards
Education & Experience
- Administrative or customer service background; industry experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and other software products.
- Ability to operate telephone systems.
- Operate automated mailing equipment, copiers and other standard office equipment.
- Tools & Equipment Used
- Office Equipment to include folding machine, binder punch, copier, and laminator.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the business.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be mobile enough to move around both the office in order to make copies, send mail and faxes and to walk around the property. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Occasional travel to Regional offices for meetings may be required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time